visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Completely Unofficial O-scale Truck Repair build for Poets and Losers

Comments

• Today. Bring it!

IMG_7368
    IMG_7369
    IMG_7370
    IMG_7371
  • Seems awful ominously quiet over here. Anyone besides me think this station is crying out for a grease pit? Anyone try one? Anyone have vintage photos. I only found this.

4ab63e070c39b8b283119775e90192c2--outdoor-photos-ford-lincoln
  • Note the crazy framing! Ha, ha, ha!

47131760_218880279008329_2026322599105003520_n
  • This wall looks good to me. Any suggestions? Soon the building will be assembled. Note all the changes?

IMG_7391
  • About to assemble. Thoughts? Good or bad. Nothing worse than this damn silence.

IMG_7387
    IMG_7388
    IMG_7389
    IMG_7390
  • Eric,

The axe head buried in a wall or shelf side is getting to be a signature trademark of your builds. I also spotted this feature on your O'Neills build in the door jamb to the office.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Dave, and that is all you have to say?
  • I'm calling it IMG_7412
    finished.
  • Good call...time to move on. Nice bottle jacks and gaskets
    Terry
  • The wall is great. Sorry I didn't see and chime in before.
  • Yup! The front.

IMG_7438
  • Silence, again? Oh, well.

IMG_7439
    i
  • Love the fan belts and head gaskets!
  • Looks really great Eric. I wasn't sure how you'd make it work with the colors but it looks good and unique. Only thing that sort of looks off to me is the windows. I think they need some trim around them to finish them off. On the exterior that is.
  • Thank you, STEVE!
  • You definitely make interesting stuff!
  • That’s quite an unsupported span for the rails over the work pit
    Terry
  • Agreed. Will be fixed.
  • So, the engine goes in there for a new battery and spark plugs? I guess I haven’t been paying attention...
  • I thought you were working on an oil change pit too. Is it an ash pit for a small locomotive? Either way its a cool idea but it needs some stairs. Pits are dangerous as it is but especially without an exit. I think the only way they are still legal is if they have 2 exits these days..I think Jiffy Lube still uses some form of pit.
  • edited February 2021
    You fellows are sure quick with your critique and bile, eh? What is the point of that exactly? What am I missing?
  • Nobody is angry or irritated just a bit confused! You have rail service going into a garage over a service pit you advertised as a truck repair facility. Expand on your thoughts here to educate me on the work flow and what would be serviced coming in on rail. I love service pits and they afford great modeling opportunities. I put one in on my Loco and Service Shops build so I’m with you on the concept.
  • Ken, thank you. The story is there. Please just be patient and wait for it. And thank you for being a human being.
  • And Ken, just curious, but how do you know what everyone else is feeling and thinking?
  • Today is

today!IMG_7485