visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Blue Sky Company with a twist

Comments

• Thanks guys. Karl, I draw the knots . First a small dot with a sharpie, than with different watercolor pencils, I draw and paint the nuances of the knot. ( with magnifying lenses I might add... :wink: )
  • Thanks Robert.
  • Nothing new to say. I just had to come back today to look at pic #4 again.
  • Robert, everything you do makes me question whether it is 1:1 or a model. Your realism is beyond compare. Just unbelievable!!! Keep on posting!!! Phil
  • The big barn is done, perhaps some more weathering when placed in situ. I put a corrugated roof on the loft, because I used all the boards for the floor inside.... :wink: :smile:
    No, not really, I just wanted to do so. By the way I ordered new boards, they came in by train but are still in the main barn waiting to be picked up and delivered to me. :wink:

Pretty much is going on inside, a wagonload of crates came in yesterday and is waiting for the trucks to take them away.
    Now that I look at the photos, there is to much green on the water tank. Will take some off.
    More to come....

DSCN5257

DSCN5258

DSCN5255
    DSCN5256

DSCN5259

DSCN5260

DSCN5261

That's all Folks....
  • These exterior shots are obviously excellent and well done but man, those interior shots sure look real! Stop messing with my mind (LOL)!
  • Outstanding! Nice subtle slime streaks on the water tank.
  • Agreed the interior pics look real.
  • this guy is unbelievable....
    he just pushes the envelope over and over again....
  • Splendid Robert!...The pale siding treatment is quite unique and executed superbly. Love the last shot depicting the look of a dry dusty dirty floor...gives it that 'barn" feel.
  • Robert, Would like to see a How to on how you weather you wood.
  • So, here we are again. What you are about to see is my version of the workshop. Or need I say, former workshop. It looks to me that it's been a long time since any real work was done here.
    Except for Mother nature who did her very best to take over.

They tried to repair the roof after the tree fell on these two buildings, remember the cookhouse, but the best they could come up with was some kind of tarpaulin over the workbench area. But that didn't last very long neither. No further efforts were made...

In fact, all this was just an excuse for me to let you guys see the detailing which was otherwise hidden in darkness by the roof. :smile:

Like I said in the introduction of this build, the BSC kit are in fact several kits in one box. Some serious building awaits one who opens it.

I found it easier the see this large building complex as separate builds which will come together in the final assembly . And that will be soon... :wink:

So, enjoy this for now..

DSCN5263

DSCN5264

DSCN5265

DSCN5266

DSCN5267

DSCN5268

DSCN5269

DSCN5271

DSCN5272

DSCN5273

DSCN5275

DSCN5276

DSCN5278

That's all Folks.. :wink:
  • A fine job on the wreckage. That's hard to do in a believable way. I really like the tarp.
  • Unreal Robert. Some of your best work.

that last shot...
  • There really isn't any words to describe your work! Absolutely beautiful.

Jerry
  • Great stuff Robert...I think run down and abandon scenes are less often modeled as we all tend to gravitate toward workable scenarios. I really like this idea, particularly when there are multiple structures as you pointed out. Thanks for the motivation...hmmm...and for the fresh perspective and stellar modeling.
  • Speechless. It can't possibly be a model! ....Rick
  • Simply incredible again. I did not think you could out do the sawmill, but I think you have done it.
  • Cannot tell the difference with reality....which is which?
  • Incredible! Really captures the abandon feel.
  • WOW Robert, I can't get any other words out! Just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Crazy good.
  • Simply outstanding

• Beautiful modeling Robert,
    colors, textures, composition, everything so incredibly well done.
    The setting and photography also blend seamlessly,
    great work in every aspect.
  • Amazing Robert!
  • Robert, I've run out of adjectives to describe your brilliant work. You are the man!!! Phil
  • Robert, I’ve been following your work for some time. Gotta say, you have made me want to up my game in a BIG way. Truly amazing work. Your O-Scale Sawmill really is to die for. It made me drop $1000 on the kit, anyway ;)
    Craig
  • Thanks Craig, I am glad to hear that I can 'provide' some inspiration and motivation... :smiley: Brett will like that.... :wink:
  • wow. new words desperately needed...
  • Geez these are fun to look at!