visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Blue Sky Company with a twist

Comments

• So, let's twist again...I finished my version of the Blue Sky Company. And I am sad because it's over... :wink:

As you can see, a lot has been changed to the actual manual instructions. It only brought me more work than this build is already, but now it is my own....

I also made this huge old oak tree ( the setting is in springtime, my favorite season ), to make a statement that nature has taken over the repair shed, the cookhouse and the yard were the work was also done.

It's from that tree that during a storm ,the branch broke of and destroyed the cookhouse. I believe there were some casualties when that happened. But you know , these stories get blown up every time there told, so I wouldn't put my hand in the fire for that fact.... :blush:

Anyways, this was another major build/kit which gave me so much fun to do. I can only recommend it to those who didn't build it already...

And now ladies and gents, enjoy...

1 kopie

2 kopie

3 kopie

4 kopie

5 kopie

6 kopie

7 kopie

8 kopie

9 kopie

10 kopie

11 kopie

12 kopie

13 kopie

14 kopie

15 kopie

16 kopie

17 kopie

18 kopie

19 kopie

20 kopie

21 kopie

22 kopie

23 kopie

24 kopie

25 kopie

26 kopie

27 kopie

28 kopie

29 kopie

30 kopie

31 kopie

32 kopie

33 kopie

Thanks guys for staying with my for this build....once more... :smiley:

Robert
  • Truly inspirational Robert. I could stare at this all day long and still find new things.
    Thank you for sharing your work.
  • That tree really does make a statement, Robert! How many hours in that one tree? 70?
    LOVE the cookhouse and overgrowth. My favorite corner.
    What a wonderful build -- and continuing to set that bar somewhere outside our stratosphere...
  • Yes I enjoy!!!

Now, I notice that behind the green workbench there is a metal rod that should have the eye drilled out and should probably have a dab of rust on it. For this reason you should toss this dio out and start over...it's just not up to your standards. I'd be happy to send you a postage paid box to take this out of your sight.
  • holy shit.
    apologies, i couldn't help it.

• Fantastic build Robert, incredibly beautiful work, everything is beyond 'just right'.
  • Cursory look is all my senses would allow for now! Amazing work here. I will take a close look pic by pic over the next few days and comment again...top flight modeling.
  • That belongs in a museum, truly art. Wow
  • What can I say but just Fantastic. I have this kit to build and I will keep this blog close by during my project.

At first, it looked like you took the photo's outside in your back yard with the natural vegetation. But by god, you made all your own trees. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The emotions that I go through when looking at everyone's stuff on here is indescribable.... but knowing that your done with this one is a little saddening because that's one less for you to do and look forward too
  • The structures are top notch and wonderfully complemented by the details and scenery. Together the result is awesome! Thanks for the detail pix. Will keep them handy as this kit is next in my queue. Marvelous!
  • Robert, Fantastic work and detail!!
    I have this kit I bought at a train show for about $75.
    Looking forward to follow you on this thread when I decide to build.
    Keep up your great work!!
  • Outstanding interpretation of this complex. Love the inside pics of the warehouse. Even includes the ceiling!
  • Robert, great job.
    Would you share with us how you created that Tree. It looks like a real weathered tree.
    Have never seen one so realistic.
  • I explained it on this thread

http://www.craftsmankituniversity.com/vanforum/index.php?p=/discussion/842/growing-fine-scale-trees#latest

Soon a more detailed tutorial on the Douglas firs in the 2021 On30 Annual, an article on the Sawmill as well.
  • My apologizes Robert, I didn't scroll up to read.
    Thanks for the link :smile:
  • Robert, you're messing with my sense of reality!! Your builds are so realistic I have to remind myself it's a model. I echo all the compliments above. It does belong in a museum. Great work Robert. I can't wait to see your next build. Phil
  • Robert,

Spoke with the folks at White River Publications about the 2021 On30 Annual just yesterday to check on when the magazine would ship. They confirmed it had gone to the printer so hopefully we should have the much anticipated On30 2021 Annual from White River Publications in hand sometime in June. Definitely looking forward to your articles on the SierraWest Sawmill and Pine Trees.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Your level is what others are measured by
  • Thanks guys, and to bring you back to earth...

22 kopie

35 kopie

:wink:
  • So impressive.
  • Didn't know Euro's were made so big. Need a truck for that thing... ;)
  • Thanks Robert, Just ordered the White River Annual 2021 On30. Looking forward to review
  • You know, just when you think reality is in check... bammmm. Robert has to turn things upside down with a new pic. You continue to amaze us!
  • The foreground and background blend together seamlessly that one would say it's real.
  • Just stunning, really breath taking Robert. I just love your colouring and texture. I have never seen more realistic old barn wood. Just amazing. Can't wait to see what you model next.
  • I keep looking at the pics and looks too real to be a model. Looks like a photo somewhere.
    Outstanding work Robert!! Please keep up your great work!!
  • I haven’t been posting in months and started looking at this forum to see what you guys have been up to and this thread is stunning. Robert this is some other-worldly modeling. Bravo!

I was thinking about what kit I was going to attempt next and this makes that decision easier- not going to be this one! At least if I do I won’t be sharing any photos on this Forum. Again, this is beyond any complimentary words I know,
  • edited June 2021
    I feel the same way you do Mike, Roberts work definitely is always a masterpiece, unequalled in his style, results and presentation.
    Then I remind myself that his work is his work, incredible as it is, it's something to take ideas and inspiration from.
    I personally take a little idea here a little nuance there, we can all be humbled by a master modeler such as Robert and we can also learn and evolve from each other.

That's the beauty of our hobby, it's not a competition between ourselves, it's a learning experience from each other.
  • You are so right Karl, and I said it before, this is in no way a competition game. I also take ideas from others that I mix in the Roberts sauce and hup, something new comes out of it.

It is because what I have seen here on the forum from the beginning of my modeling career a few years back, that brought me to where I am now. I never heard of SW or board on board modeling and all that stuff before. So it is with the help of all these posts that I got here now... And in the On30 annual.. :smiley: :wink: