visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Building My Layout with Sierra West Structures

Comments

• Here are some pictures of my backdrop that I had done yesterday.

DSCN4730

DSCN4731

DSCN4737
  • Very nice....did your sister do this?....or am I thinking of someone else...
    Terry
  • Some one else did it Terry.
  • Impressive background.
  • Hi Steve,
    The backdrop is outstanding and will really complement all your fantastic builds!
    Jim
  • SUPERBE fond !!!!
  • Thanks everyone for the nice comments on the backdrop. Now I can start some scenery work and add the 3 bridges across the canyon. I am going to start with the sawmill area where I built the various Sierra West Models.
  • Steve...have you held the open house for your layout or is that scheduled later this summer?
    Terry
  • Really a fine backdrop. Great colors that give depth to the scene. Well done.
  • Terry, the open house is this September. Thanks Robert
  • Steve,

Been meaning to give you a call and stop by to see your current layout progress. It has been a while since I saw your layout in person. My April calendar has been pretty full with visiting family and friends, our granddaughters stay with us for a week, doctors visits for myself and my wife and a date to serve as a Pima County Superior Court juror. After serving as a juror about 10 times in Cook County, IL I thought I had pretty much concluded my civic duty. Guess they just felt the need to tap my service one more time before the clock strokes 75.

Later, Dave S Tucson, AZ
  • Everybody thinks that when you have retired that you have a lot of time on your hands. That is not true as Dave points out. I have to keep a schedule of all my appointments, lunches, vacations, visitors, etc. But when I worked, I knew where I had to be 5 days a week.

Pima County will make you do jury duty until your 75, but the Fed's it is only 70. Several years ago, I had to do Grand Jury duty for Pima County for 5 months. So, get your new friend in Marana, and yourself and come on over.

• believe it or not, i have never been summoned for jury duty.
  • Looks wonderful!
  • Going to be fantastic scenery when you start filling in, nice structure builds.
  • Thanks Lynn
  • Backdrop looks awesome. Would love to come see this in person some day once its finished.

Alan
  • You are welcome to come, but it will never be finished. Did you see the thread on my adventure to the NMRA convention? Shelby's Marina won 1st Place in Kit Display, the Chairman's award the Peoples Choice Award. My sawmill won 1st Place in Scratchbuilt Display, and the Judges Award
  • I was fortunate enough to visit with Steve yesterday and view his layout and structures first hand. I have to tell you, the photos don’t do his modeling skills justice. Thanks for being such a gracious host and taking some time to show me your fine skills .
    Terry
  • It was a pleasure to have you and your wife visit yesterday.
  • Sounds like a fun trip.
  • sure does...
  • If anbody else is in the area, your welcome to stop by.
  • What do you know about Red Rocks. It is a hole in the wall north of Tucson. Also, Pulte Homes has a development there out in the middle of no where.
  • what Red rocks were you talking about. Oh Sedona? Not close to Tucson
  • That is only 900 miles from here
  • Let me know when you want to come then
  • edited July 2020
    OK, I have been taking a break from building structures and started some scenery on my layout. I have started at the back of the layout around the sawmill and will work my way through the other buildings making up the complex.DSCN5183
    DSCN5141
    DSCN5149
    DSCN5181
    DSCN5169
    DSCN5176
    DSCN5175
  • I am jealous of all the space you have ;)
    Nice project!