visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Kit 311 O scale O'Neills

1789101113»

Comments

• i was reiterating
  • Ah. I like an echo!
  • (test, test) is this thing on?
  • Eric, I agree that it would look better with a label. Maybe I'll add one.

It is 3D printed from Ed Traxler. I got a sprue of liquor bottles and beer bottles. They are frosted when you get them but when you apply a translucent paint they magically turn clear. The paint in question here was "smoke". I've also used "clear green" and gloss varnish.
  • Fantastic Bryan!! I think the coloring of the brick and motor is spot on. I also like the bottle color as others have noted. Just a wonderful dio with so much in such a small space. Very, very nice.

Geezerbill
  • Hello gentlemen, new guy jumping in. I have been using the 3D printed bottles for some time. Mine are from Shapeways, and as brownbr suggests, they are fantastic. Oil, booze, beer - stick 'em to the tongue depressor tape and paint. I'm using the W&N water soluble oils; green, sienna, etc. Up to the neck for full, half for my most current bottle of JWB, and so on. Swipe on a label with the usual acrylic paint, touch up the top for the correct cap, and the effect is quite pleasing. No oil and just the label fills the trash can nicely.IMG_0803
    IMG_0804
    IMG_0805
  • Indeed it is. Very well done man !!!
  • They look great, especially mixed in like you did with the cast metal bottles.
  • Wow....just Wow....
  • i gotta get some of those bottles. that looks incredible.
  • Would they be available in ho?
  • Thanks all. The attached is high(er) res, I hope it can post. Yes, mikekettelka, some are available in 1:87 - trusting of course, that you have much better eyes than I.IMG_0856