visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Kit 311 O scale O'Neills

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Thanks Bill. Welcome back.

Terry, funny you would ask about the next kit in line. I've been giving this some thought. I plan on taking a little time off before getting back into a big project though. I'll probably wait until the truck repair shop is out before deciding. Ideas include:

1) Truck Repair Shop. I have a very cool resin model of a Nash Quad that I would like to incorporate into this model.
    2) Use the Mill Engine/Boiler House to be the power plant for a Stoney Creek Oil Derrick. Probably overkill on the steam HP, but I think it would look great as a dio. Probably about the same size as O'Neills overall.
    3) A logging train using some disconnects and perhaps a Dolbeer as a load on one of the disconnects. I have a nice resin conversion kit from Backwoods Miniatures to use on a dead gas mechanical. I could scratchbuild a bobber caboose. This would probably end up having a footprint of around 6" x 30". Perfect for a mantel.
    4) Scratchbuild a pile driver.
    5) Log unloader for sawmill.
    6) ???
  • Excellent advice Bryan and good thinking on all aspects. Thanks so much for the details and sharing the lessons you have learned. I'm sure this clear information will be beneficial to many of the members, and also those just reading along.

Once again, a beautiful job all around.

Karl.A
  • I got some outdoor photos this morning. Hope you enjoy. This was a fun project.IMG_0664
    IMG_0709
    IMG_0663
    IMG_0715
    IMG_0647
    IMG_0654
    IMG_0681
    IMG_0690
    IMG_0713
    IMG_0719
    IMG_0725
    IMG_0727
    IMG_0737
    IMG_0739
  • Just great...hate to see this one come to an end...I like the old guy with hands in his pocket looking at the tipped over wheel barrel and shovel....been there, done that and I can imagine what sweet words are going thru his head
    Terry
  • Superb Bryan, the coloration, textures, and weathering are simply outstanding!
  • Bryan. Like I said before the best one yet the people add so much more to it gives it a real life look. Congrat's to you a job well done. ................Carl.............
  • Hi Bryan,

Your photo's are just great and I like all the different scenes around the diorama and the different stories the LP tell. Just fantastic.

• Great model. Can't wait to follow along with your next build.
  • Bryan, this is a reference build. Simply outstanding !!!!!!
  • Bryan, Outstanding! Love each detailed scene surrounding the structure throughout the diorama. Your barbed wire fence turned out fantastic!
  • Excellent final pics Bryan. What a gem of a build you got there.
  • Ken,

Where to start? This build began as the build of a wonderful kit and ended in a glorious tribute to designer and builder alike. What a perfect day to take the final photos of O'Neills with the radiant colors of fall paying tribute to true artistry of the build and builder. This will truly inspire other builders to kick their game up a notch by trying new and innovative things as you have done to inspire us. Thanks for sharing your time, your artistry, photography, innovative ideas and write-ups. As Robert has already said "...Simply outstanding!"

Later, Dave S Tucson, AZ
  • Bryan, great, great job. Congratulations. Phil
  • Thanks guys. It is much appreciated.

Bryan
  • I've been following and admiring your builds for several years now Bryan, since the change from N to O. In those years you have built some fantastic models and displayed and achieved some outstanding results.
    This is un-doubtably your best work so far, everything is exceptionally well done, colour, texture, placement, scenery, everything.
    This is up there with the best that I have seen, such a pleasure to study every picture in minute detail and take it all in.
    An outstanding piece to be very proud of.

Karl.A
  • Thanks Karl. That is mighty high praise from someone who's models I have always admired. You and Brett were actually the ones who got me to change scales and you suggested that I start posting here. Thank you for your input all of these years. I followed most of your advice, but felt the need to keep my 2-tone roof (;
  • Bryan, Outstanding work!!
    Can't wait to start my HO version!!
    And thanks again for the Display Case link...much appreciated.

Chris (Pappy)
  • Wow....just Wow....
  • hard to believe this thread is already over a year old. thanks for bumping this back up.
  • I finally took some time to finish the outhouse that did not fit on this diorama.

53AB27EB-3AC0-48F2-9C48-7D9DE0F25120
    C785BECD-0797-4306-B986-7D9E70BC31E7
    3F2241D5-8711-49EE-8B87-2CCA739357A7
    B8A1C047-0053-433D-B864-C132C52F8004
    86E852A4-6746-4D0B-82F7-A9C4E1B0CC50
    D94B5CDC-785F-4E27-89C2-530047CC5D7B
    BB17B8DB-835A-4298-8001-0B59CA2EBF19
    3480158D-EDEF-4186-8AE8-F51E1DC06220
  • Bryan.
    That is built like a brick s__t house I like it a lot Nice work.........Carl...........
  • That's one sturdy outhouse! Nice little diorama
  • Thanks. Carl, that was the joke.
  • engine909 said:

That will stand any explosion.

Oh no, that was what I was thinking...

Love the glass bottle in front of the trash can.
  • A little gem !!!
  • That bottle is really nice. Like all the plant species, cool little dio.
  • How was the glass whiskey bottle made? Or is it a whisky bottle? Hard to tell without a label.
  • would love to know the technique for the glass bottle....
  • Keb? What did I just say?