visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Welcome to the Off-Topic Forum!

Comments

• Love the moss covered tree and the vines creeping up the walls. It looks like you used fine roots for the vines. Is that correct?
  • No...that's Carl's old beard hair...kind of scraggly isn't it!
  • Carl, just wonderful! I agree with what everyone is saying. You have put so much into a small space and it all seems so natural. I really like the color tones of the shed walls. Slightly different here and there and still that old bleached appearance. Like the rock next to the old tree as well. So many really neat details. Excellent.

Geezerbill
  • Bill
    The rocks are just two chunks of pine bark they are all around here.
    Carl
  • That is right Bryan I have a bag full that I picked up along the way.
    Carl
  • This will be the last of the Rigging Shed. Thank You for looking no need to comment.

P1010524
    P1010525
    P1010526
    P1010517
    P1010516
  • Looks good.

If I might suggest, the roof looks like it could use a 5th row of shingles to even the spacing out.
  • Carl, thank you for sharing another wonderful build with us. Just stunning work. Very realistic.

Geezerbill
  • Bryan I see that you added a fifth row on your shed I was going buy the book. I like the extra row.
    Carl
  • What I should have said comments are welcome but not necessary.
    Carl.
  • Ed, I'm back after my computer burned up. What a stink throughout the house. Had to buy a new one and get that horrible win 10. I hope to salvage my HD as I have about 3,000 photos on it. Also have a external HD but efforts to get them onto the computer were not good. Ummm, the stink was as bad as the Hawks. 19 degrees out and had to open the doors to air out for two hours. Gas co. will love the bill!! I've said for the last two years that the Hawks weakness was right cornerback, nickel back, Oline and safety after Thomas went out. Showed up in the game! Lots to fix for next year. Don't know who to root for. Most likely Atlanta. Thought Dan Quinn was awesome when he coached here.

Geezerbill

• Have to pipe in ....Pats all the way even with their poor play last night
  • I finally relented and signed up for Altoona. That's a long way for me from Texas. However, I used Marriott points and frequent flyer miles to get there. Now I just have to get from Pittsburgh to Altoona. I didn't sign up for the railroad baron this time. I enjoyed the Platinum clinics, but they weren't all worth the money. Of course, Bill's workshop was the best. I'm mainly going to see my old Sierra West buddies. Also, I'm not going to enter a build. I found last year that it is very hard to transport a build by plane. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new Sierra West friends. Phil
  • edited January 2017
    Hey Phil, fire me your flight itinerary and I'll see how it meshes with my travel plans. Might be able to swing picking you up depending of course on when you get in etc..
  • Ken, thanks. Check your inbox. Phil
  • Will do Phil...no problem Ed just a slight detour!
  • Well.....I'm finally back! Took my old HD and new computer to a guy to import all my favorites and photos to the new computer. Everything works fine for now at least.

Ed, will be good games this weekend. four good teams going at it. I think I'll root for Atlanta to win the big one.

Geezerbill
  • Andy Reed a good coach but still can not win the big one.
  • Well I'll chime in here ED. Seattle should have won that other super bowl. But everyone was expecting the beast to carry. could he have gotten in?? Who knows. However, if you look at the replay of the last play, in slow mo, it is very clear the hawks receiver was bumped off the ball from behind by the interceptor. So goes it, I am not a poor loser!! Really I could care less. Twenty years ago I might have jumped up and down but I'm a laid back kind of guy and don't get to excited about things of any kind. Just grateful that I'm still here doing what I love to do.

Regarding the Braves. Now I hear you. Loved the Braves since 1950. Warren Spahn, Eddie Mathews, Hank Aaron, Lew Burdett, Joe Adcock and the bunch. If Spahn hadn't put four years in WWII he had a real chance at being the winningest picher ever. Still with 373 wins, the best left hander ever. And then look at Henry, didn't take any juice for his four baggers.

Goodness what a rant. At this rate I'll burn up this new gizmo.

Geezerbill
  • Ed, yes, Koufax WAS amazing!! It is to bad he had to hang em up early. I used to listen to some of the Giant games all the way from SF to where I live here in Wa. Scratchy at times and fad in/out but loved BB at the time.

Geezerbill

ps. Have a good trip and enjoy the game. rogers may well win it for GB. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
  • Wonderful story Ed! Always a pleasure to you too.

Geezerbill
  • Get out of bed and do something.
  • In general.
  • Yep Ed, 7:21 and I'm well into my two and a half hr. workout at the Y.

Geezerbill
  • Hi Guy's I am looking for some pictures of the Eureka Springs Engine House if anyone can help me out It. will be very help full.
    Thanks Carl
  • having football withdrawal... can't wait for b'ball season. just can't get into wrestling or v'ball like Ed.... Ed brother - you out there???
  • admin said:

having football withdrawal... can't wait for b'ball season. just can't get into wrestling or v'ball like Ed....

God if you keep rooting for those Texas teams you'll be having withdrawal for a long time.

How about you watch something like Badminton???

Jerry

• Get out of bed and do something RIGHT NOW.
    Carl
  • Why didn't you tell us it was snowing in Vermont?????

Jerry
  • Because it is not snowing.
    Carl