visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Welcome to the Off-Topic Forum!

Comments

• Adorable, Dustin! Congratulations!
  • Hey guys, I'm in the need of some brick siding for an upscale of one of Brett's HO kits. I need to be able to apply the mortar to the joints. I have no idea where to get this and which one would be the best in O scale. I have looked at BIS/CC Crow which could take 2-3 months to get and it is hydrocal which I tend to not want. It does look very nice however. Rusty Stumps have some as do Monster Model & Laser which is on plywood I think.

Any suggestions from your personal use or otherwise will be greatly appreciated. thanks!!

Geezerbill
  • Thanks Ed! I look forward to others ideas also.

Geezerbill
  • Built like a brick s@@##@#@#t house.
  • Gentlemen, a gentle and friendly reminder that a brief passing mention of another modeling company is fine but I ask you to refrain from links, specific product information, or a prolonged discussion. I truly appreciate your understanding and cooperation!
  • Can't wait for opening day and the first pitch!!!!
  • P1010676

Hi Albert what are you doing? I am waiting for the postman Dad he is going to bring a package for you. From who Albert come on Dad you know.
  • You guys just crack me up. Laser cutting parts is really fast and simple. Cutting and sorting stripwood is even faster and easier. But creating the 100's of unique resin castings I include in my kits takes a serious dedication to the complicated process and a lot of my time. There's no speeding it up without reducing the quality. I take a tremendous amount of pride in my kits and am so very pleased with the many people who have built and enjoyed them over the years.
  • edited February 2017

P1010676

Hi Albert what are you doing? I am waiting for the postman Dad he is going to bring a package for you. From who Albert come on Dad you know.

Actually the dog is looking at the "Yellow Snow" and thinking dam humans!!!!

Jerry

• Hey guys, I'm in the need of some brick siding for an upscale of one of Brett's HO kits. I need to be able to apply the mortar to the joints. I have no idea where to get this and which one would be the best in O scale. I have looked at BIS/CC Crow which could take 2-3 months to get and it is hydrocal which I tend to not want. It does look very nice however. Rusty Stumps have some as do Monster Model & Laser which is on plywood I think.

Any suggestions from your personal use or otherwise will be greatly appreciated. thanks!!

Geezerbill

Hey Geezer. Why dont you try making your own out of cork sheets. Many of the military modellers use it and the results are awesome. If you interested, PM me and ill send a few links to you.
  • Way to go Dustin! You guys did a great job- congratulations! No modeling for you my friend- you have a lot of parenting to do while MrsCoorstoyou gets some well deserved rest. A really beautiful daughter.
  • edited March 2017
    Yes, I watch that. He gets tortured and all he says to Strange is "I have a need for you". I really liked the end when Mr Strange opened that rolled up parcel. At least he went out with a bang, or should I say Kaboom?
  • Hey Dad What Albert The postman was here and he brought the box he did yes and we opened it.

P1010688

Oh no Albert did you have any help sure did.

P1010694

Dad what are all of the sticks and little parts for?

P1010698

I will tell you later OK dad.
  • edited March 2017
    Ed, I saw The Relevant...twice. I thought it was an awesome film.

Carl, glad you got your kit. Which one did you get?

Geezerbill
  • Have enjoyed DCFC several times pre Zoey D when Ben was still morose and conflicted. Great shows. I always seem to miss the National. They have a new album coming out later this year - not gonna miss them this time for sure unless I gotta go to a festival other than SXSW. Done with the whole festival thingy. I envy you Ed traveling to the various shows. How about Coachella and the Gov. Ball?
  • Snow up to the wazooooooo!!!!!!!
    Carl
  • Can't leave out Washington State University, WSU, which is usually referred to out here as Wazoo (not sure of spelling).
  • yep, WSU. A six hour drive for my wife and I to see our son and Daughter at Wazoo while they were there. Go Cougs!!

Geezerbill

• Why did Carl have to take this picture with me?
    20071114173252_Photo Library - 4587
    Yes the good old days.
    Carl
  • There's a lot that could be said about this picture! But for now will just not say anything!!

Jerry
  • wow, I think that pic is from the from the first craftsman structure show in 2007? That was a great show! But why are you wearing glasses?
  • Well back then you were very bright and had a glow about you!!!!!
  • Depends Ed on whether you want the Trax for a diorama or for the layout. I tried 1 piece for a diorama and I found that I needed to remove all of their ballast, scratch up the ties, stain, etc. In other words I did everything I would do if I laid the track myself. It does look better than the plastic-tie track so if you wanted it for a layout without laying the track yourself, then go for it. My preference all the way around is handlaid.

This pic is an "after" shot with the modifications made above.

Bryan
    IMG_1818
  • Looks great Bryan.
  • hey....did the cubs end up winning the world series?
  • why yes. yes they did!!
  • sorry...
    i discovered this thread last week and there was a good deal of conversation going on about the baseball playoffs. i skipped several pages and decided to be a wise guy and make the world series comments. no other explanation. i was just bein' a wise guy....
  • Anybody heard from Carl Laskey ? Been almost a full month...
  • please let me know privately Ed, I have tried contacting him without any response...
  • He is fine. Talked to him last week. Just busy.

Jerry