visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

#305 O Scale Wood Cutters Shack. Karl.A

12345679»

Comments

• I like all the debris between the railroad ties....nice modeling.
  • Funny how an unfinished kit will age and weather like a fine whisky- the three years, and then three more years, have really given this one some character. I'm thinking don't redo those green bottles until we see how they stack up with the rest of the details. You are really getting the hang of this.
  • Thanks Mike, I feel like I'm getting a grip on it,
    however, as you'll notice from my last post the green bottles have already been re-done.

Things not really noticeable but also done last night were..., the shed was moved back 1/2", despite the details all glued in place which was preventing this and causing me a stalling point.

So, everything was loosened with alcohol and the glue dissolved...... the bench with oil tank was moved back 1", the stock support was removed, the silver oil bottles were removed, the green bottles were removed/stripped/repainted/re-weathered, the scenery was re-done and re-blended back to a base layer and certain things were glued back in their new places.

Now I have backtracked a few things, I can move forwards.

Karl.A
  • edited January 2021
    Thought I had taken some finished pics but I cant find them, guess I'll take some tomorrow.
    Here's a few of the later November progress shots for now.

• Karl,

Good to have you back. Your work is always so awesome. I would love to see more picture. Phil
  • Thanks Phil, I'll take some tomorrow and post them.
  • Indeed we would like some more of that great build. Makes me think back when I did mine. A great kit, but as you said, they are all great !!!
  • Karl, thanks for posting. Your work and weathering is always subtle and not overdone. It just goes to say that less is more. Lots of color (but not too much) and contrasts in these pictures. Well done. Phil
  • Looks like that guy needs to stop choppin wood and start laying rail.
  • edited January 2021
    brownbr said:

Looks like that guy needs to stop choppin wood and start laying rail.

• Stunning work as always Karl. Just love the haphazard wood pile and the acetylene tanks.
  • That's more like it.
  • Glad to see you are back at it. Love seeing your work! It's always inspirational!
  • Thanks Joel and Tom, means alot to me to read you.
  • Great little mini-scene with the rail being laid (outstanding track-work as well)
  • The guy hold that rail must be a beast...even if it's code 55
  • Code 100, no wimps on my dios.
    He's gone back to chopping wood, that was just a temporary setup to appease Bryan.
  • I worked a derailment a few years back with the fire department....had to move a 5 foot section of rail after we cut it with a torch......needless to say...I did not do it alone....
  • Perfect!!

Jerry
  • Looks great Karl! Great to see some of your work again.
  • Karl, thanks for taking a d posting these additional photos. They're wonderful.