visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

HO/HOn3 Logging and Tractor Repair Shed

Comments

• Amazing Ken! That drill press looks so good in the scene.
  • Wow, that's sexy!
  • edited September 2023
    Simply AWESOME! Love your use of the details
  • Incredible. The tulle on the windows is a cool detail too. Amazing modeling, it looks so realistic.
  • Most excellent!!

Jerry
  • Hey thanks much Mike!

Appreciate that Travis. I agree, that drill press is such a great 3D detail of Bretts and the filigree of that print is just amazing.

Thanks Brett!...not my initial goal but I like it.

Hi Tom, thanks much. Looks like a ton of details packed in but all my reference photos of shops like this are just packed with clutter. No routine trash pick-up in those days!

Thanks Jim and that detail is just to add a little visual interest. May not be a practical application but like you said, looks cool!

Appreciate your comment here Jerry!
  • Ken, I can't believe what I see there.....
    Outstanding and fantastic work
  • edited September 2023
    Well thank you so much JenS! Appreciate your note. One thing...I wanted to make a call out to Brett...the parts bin I have sitting on the bench is one of Brett's 3D printed coke crates. I attached some scale 1x2s on the front and added some really small white lettering decals to simulate markings on the bins. Legible?...I hope not!
  • Something like... DAT , MO8... ?? Not legible for me. Anyway a great idea!!!
  • Sounds good to me! Looks the part...ha.
  • I'm digging where this is going.....
  • Glad to hear Art and thanks! Brett coming out with the blacksmith detail set really stoked me to get the interior in order. Only a few more walls to go!
  • Now that is just fine as frog hair Ken!!
  • Nicest thing anyone has ever said about my modeling with tears in my eyes…sniff, sniff,…lol
  • LOL... had to come up with something different from the same ole same ole buddy!!
    It really is quite remarkable.
  • I feel ya! Enjoy your support and camaraderie Emery...model on!
  • Wonderful work !!! In HO ???? My goodness !!
  • Hey thanks much Robert!
  • Nice progress.

For a bit of humor, your figure in this scene could be leaning over the bottom table holding his head like he hit it on the top shelf after leaning over to pick up a wrench. I'm sure that could happen.
  • Sorry Bryan, HO scale dude's head comes nowhere close to the shelf in fact, I'm putting a short step ladder in the scene as he can't even reach the shelf when standing on the floor! Another good reason to not use LPs as not everything labeled as HO scale really works out to 1:87.
  • You get those other walls done yet???

Jerry
  • Lol! I hear ya Jerry…I am getting there just my usual slow motion modeling. I should have an update this weekend. I’ll be glueing three walls that I have done on the wheelwright side on the completed floor of the diorama base. This will allow me to complete the interior detailing of that section. I will then move to the blacksmithing section. Thanks for “rattling my cage”, I could use a nudge now and again!
  • Rattle, Rattle, Rattle!
  • Looking forward to those updated weekend pictures!
    No pressure!

Jerry
  • Good to hear Jerry. I’ll have the rough diorama base with the floor and three walls up for sure. At least something to dust off the thread!
  • thank goodness. i was getting bored.
  • I know Kevin...I guess I should not start a build thread until I'm way ahead so as to look like I model at a respectable pace! Character flaw I guess.
  • Slow is Smooth....and Smooth is Fast.....
  • Ken, It just builds anticipation. We all look forward to your next progress.
  • Well Art, if slow is smooth then I'm Slick Willy! lol.

Thanks Tom, makes me feel a little better!