visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

My first SierraWest model

Comments

• W O N D E R F U L

Thanks for sharing this build Randy, such an awesome job.
  • Thanks Brett, that means a lot coming from the SW master.
  • This came out really great...the tones and weathering all blend together so well.....inspires me to start my Truck Repair......
  • Great job! Turned out really nice! Love the details and how you placed them around the diorama.
  • Thanks, Muddy, and Tom. I really enjoyed this build and sharing it on the forum.The rigging shed or the tool shed will be next but not until at least September. Thanks again, Randy
  • Wonderful work Randy. Really nice documentation of your progress throughout. Look forward to your next project.
  • Thanks Ken, I enjoyed doing it. Right now it will probably be September before I do I can do another one of brett's great kits. I will post a few more pictures when I get all the lights working at the same time. Randy
  • I have got most of the lights hooked up. All of the lights are lit but one is lit from the the LED tester. I had it hooked up the power distribution board but it did not work. The light works with the LED tester but not the board. I will need to check to see what is wrong. Here is the front and right end with the shed, workshop, and gas pump lit.IMG_1090resized
    The back of the building is in the next picture. The back door and the truck repair bay are lit up. IMG_1091resthized
    I will keep in contact by following all the great modelers on the form. Thanks for all your encouragement and help during my build. Thanks, Randy
  • Fantastic build. Your friend is very lucky.
  • Fantastic build Randy, the shots with the lighting really look great.
  • Thanks Bryan, and Karl. I went down and worked on the power distribution board today. I think one of the resistors was tilted and not making contact. I filled in with solder and now all the lights are working from the board
    Did any one ever count how many empty brown beer bottles were setting around? Not counting the blue barrel in the truck bay.
  • Outstanding Work!
  • Thanks, Muddy. Four month of work. I took my time and tried to the best I could. Randy
  • I've been so busy with so many other things....no modeling done in quite a long time for me....
  • I understand Muddy. Before I got the truck repair I had not worked much on the layout much for about six months. I hope you get back to modeling soon. Randy
  • Randy, nice job. I love the lighting. You should be proud of it.
  • this is outstanding!. i absolutely agree with everything said above. very nice job.
  • Thanks, Jim and Kevin.I have enjoyed the build and interacting with all the fantastic modelers on this forum. Thanks, Randy
  • edited April 2022
    I think this will be the last post on "my first Sierra West model" thread. Today here in St. Louis was the sixty sixth SLANG meet. Which stands for the St. Louis Area Narrow Gauge. Usually we have a meet in the spring and the fall. At each meet models are brought for a show and tell. The spring meet has an award for exceptional craftsmanship.
    The A. C. "Craig" Brown award was named after Craig Brown former NMRA president and founding force along with John Kalin of the first National Narrow Gauge Convention. So, to get to the point, my Truck Repair was the recipient this award today. Thanks Brett for such great instructions, details, and just the overl kit. Thanks, Randy IMG_1093resized
  • Congratulations, such a great honor.
  • Congratulations, so well deserved!
    Thank you Randy, you're very welcome!
  • Awesome. Congratulations and well deserved.
  • Great Job! Congradulations
  • Nicely done Randy!
  • kudos.
    what's next?
  • Jim, Brett, Karl, Ken, and Kevin thanks for your praise. Kevin I have both the tool and rigging sheds to work on next.
  • Well done
    Terry
  • Well deserved.
  • Thank you, Terry and Bryan. I was very happy to be honored with the award. There were close to thirty other models brought by other narrow gaugers. Randy
  • Congratulations on a nicely done model!