visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

My first SierraWest model

Comments

• I will keep an eye out for that. Not so easy to find anymore in O scale i am seeing.
  • Great looking layout. Love the bridges !!
  • You must have used a bunch of trees!
  • edited July 2022
    Thank you very much Robert. I am glad to see you posting again on the formu. ALCO yes a lot of wood was used for the bridge. I guess it is a good thing that the bridge passes over the logging area. You can see the big stumps around the bents. Randy
  • I like those Black Bear jigs.
  • edited September 2022
    I am so happy to report that Randy won first place in dioramas at the 2022 Narrow Gauge Convention in Tacoma last weekend with this diorama. Congratulations Randy! Very proud of your accomplishment.
  • Well deserved
  • A well deserved win. Congratulations Randy.
  • Wow that's great. Congratulations Randy.
  • Congratulations Randy! I enjoyed following this build. Great win!
  • Congratulations ! Well deserved for sure !!
  • Congrats! Well done sir.
  • Steve That is a hard contest to win so good for you.
  • Well done Randy! Another fine showing for SierraWest Scale Models and a mighty fine modeler.
  • Yes indeed! Fantastic work and well deserved. Let's keep SWSM in the winners circle....Rick
  • Oh man. That is just wonderful. I love the atmosphere on your layout. I hope to find space to do something like this one day. Very very inspirational!
  • Thank you all for your kind comments. Mine was not the only Sierra West model to take home a first.IMG_1214resize
    Mike E. got first in the square footer. I am very happy he decided to not put it in the Dioramas. Thanks again Randy
  • Way to go Mike! Thanks for posting Randy.
  • I have two mor pictures from the convention. The first is of Pete Smith on the left, myself in the middle, and Jeff Boock on the right. IMG_1167resized
    The last picture is of an unusual gas pump. IMG_1246resized
    I think this would make a great detail part. Hint,Hint,Hint Brett. Thanks Randy
  • Nice pics Randy, thanks for posting.
  • I wonder if there is any youth in this hobby ...??? I only see gray hair, or non at all... :)
  • Good point Robert and an age old problem (no pun intended). Many organizations have trouble recruiting young membership...quite sad to see.
  • Robert, there were a few modelers there under fifty. Not many, but some. Randy
  • Ben's a youngin, and there's quite a few more, lots of youth in the hobby, in all genres.
  • What this hobby needs is to get some “internet influencer” to gen up some slick and sexy buzz about the model train and related fields. Gotta be female, in her 20’s, and wear lots of makeup. That’ll attract the boys!
  • ALCO said:

What this hobby needs is to get some “internet influencer” to gen up some slick and sexy buzz about the model train and related fields. Gotta be female, in her 20’s, and wear lots of makeup. That’ll attract the boys!

heheheheheh.......

• Congratulations Mike! That's a great model. I was unable to make the convention this year but saw your work at previous conventions. Well deserved.

I agree Randy. Additional early era gas pump models would be great additions to an already stellar Sierra West detail parts line up. That Shell pump would be quite the intricate 3D model and would fit into a 1920's modeling era.
  • randyp said:

I have two mor pictures from the convention. The first is of Pete Smith on the left, myself in the middle, and Jeff Boock on the right. IMG_1167resized
    The last picture is of an unusual gas pump. IMG_1246resized
    I think this would make a great detail part. Hint,Hint,Hint Brett. Thanks Randy

i think the trick might be to bribe emery.....
    just thinking out loud.

• You just followed the steps huh? Well sir, if it was that easy... You did an amazing job on that bridge and the landscaping. If ever I get to build a layout this is something to strive for. Wonderfully done!