visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Most Ambitious Build so far...The O Scale Sawmill..

Comments

• Just amazing Robert!
  • Beautiful work Robert. Just fantastic.
  • The French Chucky strikes again! The oily metal is the best I've ever seen in 1/48th. HOW! How do you go it? I will be forced to copy.
  • You are to kind... :smiley:
  • Robert, your wood texturing is outstanding, as is the color of the metal parts. Like how you used the punches on the beam ends.
  • The log loading deck. Since this is completely outside, it has a more sun bleached weathering than the mill inside. Final weathering when everything is put together.

DSCN3693 kopie

DSCN3696 kopie

DSCN3699 kopie

DSCN3700 kopie

DSCN3701 kopie

DSCN3702 kopie

DSCN3703 kopie

DSCN3705 kopie

DSCN3706 kopie

That's all Folks,

(for now.... :smiley: )
  • Looks great. The timber ends are a fantastic touch. Too bad they will be barely noticed. This kind of attention to detail provides for extra surprises for those who look closely at the finished product.
  • Great attention to detail. Amazing results
  • O.M.G.
  • This is just out of the ordinary Robert. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I'm with Keb on this one!
  • Incredible...
  • Like a told Brett and others before, to me this is The Mother of all SW kits, so it deserves the best treatment ever... :wink:

For those who have build it, they know, this isn't just another kit. When I see all the full scale plans and templates laying on the floor, look at the huge pile of wood, tons of great castings, not to mention the sawmill machinery, that is out of this world, one becomes humble.

• The words above are so true! Having built this kit and seeing how things are laid out in the instructions, and you are walked through all areas of construction is amazing. Thank you Brett for doing such a great job on a fantastic kit.

Mike S
  • One other thing, you are doing an outstanding job on this build.

Mike S.
  • Brett made a good kit, Robert is turning it into poetry.
  • B..e..a..utiful!
  • The Head frame.

As an extra personal touch, I decided to reinforce these constructions because, after so many years of heavy use, the two beams started to wiggle a bit. So I forged these big iron ( brass)
    crochets to hold everything together. Nobody wants these to fall on their heads...

and we keep going... :wink:
  • Robert,

Nice addition of more finely executed detail.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • amazing. Love every bit.
  • me too!
  • Just keeps getting better!
  • The main drive shaft supports.

One must not forget , on these photos, everything looks HUGE. But that's the only way to really see the details. The wood graining, the beautiful resin / concrete castings that come alive after painting and weathering..

59 kopie

60 kopie

61 kopie

62 kopie

63 kopie

64 kopie

65 kopie

66 kopie

67 kopie

Final weathering , as always, when in place...
    :smiley:

• Stunning work Robert.
  • Robert,

Magnificent! You have a unique ability to make all these castings and strip wood from this kit come alive for us. Thanks for all the detail photos.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Eight thumbs up!
  • B..e..a..utiful work...I think I've said that before...hmm.
  • The concrete weathering is fantastic! The rest ain't so bad either ;-)
  • It is a fantastic resin piece to begin with....
  • OK guys, here is the slightly modified sawdust bin. I decided to build this because I wanted to be sure that the curve for the rail ties was alright .Now I can place it in front of the sub floor and adjust the foam better.

As you probably expected from me, I wasn't gonna build this by 'The Book' . I added some details, modified the shute underneath. Not that Brett's laser cut one wasn't good, I just wanted to build one out of real planks.

I also decided I wanted the metal shute door to be open so one could see inside. Of course this would mean that the bin had been emptied.

I also modified the open/closing system of the metal door. As it was, the ,( in my opinion, )to big chain, would always rub against the hanging irons. Not good. So, I made this two pulley system. Seen this way of opening things before.

This is again a kit within a kit. LOTS of fun and opportunity to be creative. Hope you like it.

DSCN3730

DSCN3731

DSCN3732

DSCN3733

DSCN3734

DSCN3735

DSCN3736

DSCN3737

DSCN3738

DSCN3739

DSCN3741

:wink: