visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Official O Scale Truck Repair Build Thread

Comments

• I am slowly working on the left wall. i want everything just so. At this point about 10 of the castings are glued down and the others are just placed. I take a picture every day or two and keep rejigging it. Here's what I've got so far:rsz_img_4786
    Here's a couple of shots of the grinder and its power cord - I am trying to stop myself from making a wall socket above the bench.rsz_img_4787
    rsz_img_4788
  • Looks like I have to touch up the paint on the shafts. BTW Eric wanted a picture of my water cooler from my Oneil's buildrsz_img_4790
  • Joel,

A wall outlet to plug the grinder into seems like a great idea to me. It would be awesome to see that level of detail added. Go for it!!!

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • The full shot of the interior wall...now that's some first rate modeling my friend!
  • edited June 2019
    Thanks, Joel!

Two thoughts. Not sure about why the crowbar is exactly there. Also, if you set a hammer on a bench, the handle usually sticks out from being placed that way. But INCREDIBLE! I will copy most of it since I bought the kit.
  • Love the open door on the wall cabinet, Joel!
    Perhaps drape some items over it: jumper cables, length of chain, a few C clamps?
  • that's so good it's sick....
  • Terriffc stuff my friend. Love it. Will you be adding some oil spills to the bench?

Think the wall socket is a great idea.
  • Great detailing Joel. Absolutely fantastic. As Eric mentioned, a real reference.
  • That is the detailing that I love. Great work!!!
  • Unbelievable Joel. So very nice. Amazing talent. I am really enjoying your build.

Geezerbill

• me too!
  • Ok I caved and built an electrical outlet and conduit. Still needs a bit of weathering. I glued down the details so this wall is almost done.rsz_img_4798
    rsz_img_4796
  • Wow, superb! I love the outlet and plug. Such an awesome added detail.
  • Joel, you keep surprising me. Beautiful.
  • Love it!
  • once again joel raises the bar.
  • Plug owns it!
  • Joel,

More finely detailed craftsmanship. Another home run!
    Just when it begins to look like the "fat lady is about to sing" (sports metaphor) someone steps to the plate to put the game into extra innings.
    Thanks to each and every modeler who posts their ideas, photographs and explanations.
    More proof that the level of craftsmanship and detailing done by modelers on this forum is simply the best.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • i think i'll be keeping my truck repair build a secret.....
  • Keb, NO WAY! If I'm sticking my tender regions out again, then it would be cruel for you not to join me. Good or bad modeling, we can have a ball, right? One thing about Joel, Robert, and Ken, is they are SO good, it lets guys like us off the hook. Besides, it's not like those three can get better, right?
  • edited June 2019
    Is this suppose to be a challenge ... :smiley: Keb, I'll have to follow Eric, NO secrets on this one..
  • right now i'm having a blast working on details for the rr camp. i guess i'll cross that bridge when i get to it.
  • at your own time keb.
  • Keb, good man!
  • I have a hard time making small labels for cans and boxes. Every few years I buy a Walthers HO catalog and go through it looking for companies which offer sheets of signs for buildings and such. Their tiny ads for their signs are very clear and make good labels for O scale cans and boxes. Check the ads for JL Innovative and Woodland Scenics for examples.
  • Useful tip !
  • edited June 2019
    The brain is a strange thing. I got in in my mind I wanted a set of keys hanging by the back door. No idea why but I thought it was "right". Couldn't find anything on the net so I spent 2 days making these out of brass wire and tissue paper. They are about 2mm tall.
    rsz_img_4825
    I'm going to rest now before hanging them on the wall. I'll touch up the paint and get a better picture once they are on the wall.
    Just about finished the detailing on the walls and getting ready for the glue up.
  • is this a contest to see who can go further over the top? man oh man. o scale key ring. what a nut.....
    it's awesome. i wouldn't even be able to see them.
  • So small, even the camera couldn't focus anymore....