visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Official O Scale Truck Repair Build Thread

Comments

• edited May 2019
    i was able to find smaller chain. i bought two sizes, and one is about the size of yours and the other is smaller. i bought them on line.
  • What a great looking wall. It's got me thinking of how to make a convincing spider web.
  • Bryan How about trying a pice of hair net. ....Carl.....
  • Thanks all. It's funny Bryan I was thinking the same thing but I've tried weaving a web in 1/9th scale and that was difficult I can't see a way to make it realistic here. As far as the chain goes I think you're right and in the future might use more of the HO scale chains for light duty work like this, so thanks for that tip.

The back of the wall was really easy. Some of the screw heads are missing from the cabinet but I'm pleased with the overall effect.rsz_img_4624
  • you should be!
  • Beautiful work, love the Armstrong sign.
  • The coloring...the textures....the weathering is spot on....great work...
  • I really like what you are doing here. I'll be referencing this for sure on my build.

Are those batteries on top of the cabinet in the last shot. What material would the housing be made of?
  • Like you say Bryan, this is a reference build !!
  • Very nice Joel.

Jerry
  • That last pic is killer my friend!...nice,nice,nice
  • edited May 2019
    Thanks all,
    Did a bit of work on another interior wall. Added a few dozen bits of an old watch to the parts bin and a few castings to the top. I didn't realize until I put the corner together that the right upper shelve is not visible from the front door! Also found a spare glove from my O'Neils kit. I added a couple of layers of white glue to the glove to give it more of a contour. Bryan those are old wooden cased batteries. All included in the kit.rsz_img_4626
    The castings on the battery repair station are just placed there to get some idea of how it looks. More later
  • wow, superb!
  • Joel,

Looks terrific. Can't wait for you to get the outside wall with the long work bench and all of the gaskets.

Frank
  • Huge amount of fantastic details. Looks just great !!
  • Love the details!
  • Joel beautiful work on those castings.

Jerry
  • That's great.

• joel,
    i'm not positive, but i think the two drawer cabinet may be upside down.
  • don't mind me. the carnival was in town this week and i was barking for the yak woman..... :)
  • edited May 2019
    Joel, the objects on the shelves are simply mindblowing. I also used the sanding the back of labels but never thought to do the whole sheet at once. Thanks! For bottle glass, I have found Golden fine metallic green acrylic is amazing.
  • A useful trick !!
  • Nice gathering by the way....
  • edited May 2019
    I want to remind our users to please not post their pictures in another persons build thread. I appreciate your cooperation.
  • Beautiful work Joel!
  • You really are a Prince, Brett.
  • engine909 said:

Really, what country?

hah!

• Your casting work Joel is simply outstanding!...
  • admin said:

engine909 said:

Really, what country?

hah!

Is Texas a country yet????

Jerry