visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Official O Scale Truck Repair Build Thread

Comments

• It has become poetry. WOW!
  • OK I've put a .006" hook on the wall and hung the keys up. rsz_img_4831Ok time to move on to another project before I complete the walls and glue them together.
  • SO SO SO cool!
  • When your build will be finished, ad a magnifier for the spectators .!!! So well done. The worn of paint at the bottom of the extinguisher ... Great stuff.
  • Great job Joel. Love all the details!
  • You've gone off the deep end and it is much appreciated.
  • Thanks for the comments. That's the nice thing about Brett's kits they make you want to make everything perfect and go that extra mile. The results attainable with these kits can make you go down that rabbit hole. Hope to get back to the manual this week.
  • each individual detail piece is another rabbit hole to jump down. a guy can spend hours on .a single detail. admittedly, i reach a point where i have to say, "good enough" and stop and move on to the next detail.
  • Well stated Joel! Superb modeling throughout.
  • Still working on some elements for when it all comes together. This weekend I built a few saw horses and the ladder. I also used some scrap and my old Sierrawest templates from another kit and built a couple of pallets just in case. One of the rungs is loose so the owner just tied it back in place. I'm sure it's safersz_img_4839
    rsz_img_4842
  • Nice Joel. I see you also paid attention to the worn rungs and a repaired one as I did on the Tractor Repair Shop. Like you said, details to discover for the spectator. :wink:
  • Beautiful work. Love the rung with the rope! Simple but very effective.
  • edited June 2019
    Robert I will always try and emulate your work. Thanks for the myriad of ideas to borrow.

Here's one of my favourite castingsrsz_img_4843
    The new kit comes with this:rsz_img_4527 (1)
    And I scratch built a little tool box and added some castings to get:rsz_img_4848
  • i spy the ubiquitous soup can. mmm mmm good.
  • Al these scenes are like miniature paintings. As usual, well done Joel..
  • Lookin good dude!
  • edited June 2019
    Thanks Robert and Alan. Kevin the soup can is the only thing not glued down, as it's not quite up to foreground detail.
    Ok the right wall is now done with the shelves above the work table.
  • Great work Joel!!

Jerry
  • Spent the last two hours reading and drooling over all 10 pages of this thread... very, very impressive work, beautiful and inspiring modeling throughout.

Karl.A
  • I really like all the colored tiny pieces. They make that shelf come alive.
  • Great looking scene Joel!
  • Joe,

More incredible weathering and detail work. It really makes an otherwise ordinary shop wall come alive. One can almost see and feel the men working in here. Thanks for all the awesome detail photos.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Thanks so much Jerry, Robert, Brett and Dave. So glad you could drop by Karl. Miss your keen eye and modelling hints.

So finally started gluing walls together. Couldn't help myself and started staging one little scene. You can see how the keys were well worth the hour or two it took to create them. Can't wait to see how the electrical outlet really shines.rsz_1img_4873_1
  • WOW already !!!!
  • I don't see the keys, but my eyesight is poor.
  • I've put three sets of keys on my wall.
  • Outstanding composition in that last picture you posted, Joel. Little details and subtle pops of color that create interest and draw the viewer into the scene!
    Love it!
  • All the walls are glued together. The floor is done. Oops forgot to account for that so the shelve unit on the right has to be raised a bit (or better glued in after installing the building) and the green container on the work bench no longer fits under the selves so it has to be moved. rsz_img_4878
  • Thanks Robert and Bill. I'm pretty much just copying Brett's composition. His knack for clutter is amazing. Credit where credit is due.