visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

yet another o scale railroad camp build

Comments

• So why does ED only share his pictures with Brett. After all, we have been sharing our pictures with everyone over the years, and Ed you can root for the Arizona's women's baseball if they won last night.
  • Hopeless..... :wink:
  • aw c'mon....

• he's teasing us so much I had to go for a 9 mile walk and now I'm too tired to care. but it better be shown by tomorrow Ed my friend!

Geezerbill
  • Come on Ed, NO GUTS, NO GLORY
  • The Day's of our lives Staring Ed and Kevin Stay tuned.
  • Ed, I think the world of you! I really do but...…….

Geezerbill
  • Ah Ed. Well said bud. We will be patient.

Geezerbill
  • googled her. so THAT'S who jocelyn wilderstein is. whoa. a little crazy with the plastics huh?
  • finished off the rafter tails and ridge cap last night. board meetings tonight and tomorrow night and grandson and parents coming this weekend, so i probably won't get back to the bench until some time next week. have a great weekend y'all.
  • Roof is installed. so are the rafter tails, but bad photography prohibits me from posting a pic.
    roof and rafter tails installed

i've painted the underneath edges of the flat roofs and i'm not sure when i'll be able to get to tarpapering them.
  • thanks buddy. damn, that's a blurry picture.
  • here's a better pic (i hope) and one of the roof in situ.
    better pic of roof installed

roof
  • Kevin looks great. I love the colouring and contrast. Seriously need to get clearer pictures so we can appreciate it more.
  • Agree with Joel.
  • thanks guys. my friend's wife that's got all the photography gear (lights, reflectors etc.) is going to come over when i finish this one and take good pics of this model and my o'neill's model and i'll post them all at the same time. i'm terrible at taking pictures, and my phone is my only camera. plus i need to see an eye doctor real soon. it's getting worse......
  • Kevin looks great. Nice coloring.

Just don't let Ed take anymore pictures!!!!!

Jerry
  • he has issues....... :)
  • a good joke i heard at a meeting last night:
    stevie wonder and tiger woods met in a club one night and started talking golf. tiger was amazed to learn that stevie was an avid golfer, knowing that he was stone cold blind. tiger asked stevie how he managed to play, and stevie explained it this way: i have my caddie go out in the fairway where he wants me to hit the ball and yell to me, and then i hit the ball toward where i heard his voice.
    tiger was pretty impressed and asked him how long he's been golfing. stevie tells him he's been golfing that way for 50 years and has a 5 handicap. tiger was stunned, and says, "i would love to play a round with you. should we try it?" stevie says, "sure tiger, pick a night."
  • heheheh...that's funnier than the joke!
  • all three structures roofed and placed on the base, but not yet epoxied down.
    Roofed and on the base
  • Very nice Kevin...scenic work just around the corner!
  • yup. thanks ken. i like to use the foam on top in case i want to carve in depressions, or puddles or other contours.
  • Kevin,

Looking good. Each structure has a character and story of its own. Looking forward to the scenery you add.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • thanks dave. me too.
  • almost finished the fence tonight. my eyes started getting fuzzy so i decided to call it quits for the night.
    Fence
  • nice variation in the color tones.
  • i finished the fence. now for the arbitrary part, which location is best?

location one:
    Fence 1st location

location 2:

Fence 2nd location
  • Really nice overall look Kevin.

Mark