visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

yet another o scale railroad camp build

Comments

• so i'm not the only one that bought this?
  • i have no idea. i saw it on facebook a month ago. if i see the ad again i'll take a screen shot and email it to you. i know its from china, cuz it came over on a slow boat....
  • I just ordered it on Amazon Prime.....free delivery.....arriving tomorrow....$16 and change....
  • my my aren't we the nosy one?
  • one of tbe worst movies ever made.....
  • Brand name is Yactosun…..I got it in one day thru Amazon Prime.....I like the heck out of it.....LED with USB charging....and the 5 different lenses...Nice....
  • i don't think mine has usb charging. but it does work well.
  • heheheheh....did you manage to sit through the whole thing?
  • edited August 2019
    i have four more lp's coming, and one of them is a guy sawing a board, and one is a guy hammering a nail.
    they're working on bulding a small shed to help keep some of the warehouse stock dry.

shed
    the square is just holding the fence up so i could see where the shed could possibly fit and this looks like the only available space.....
    the loading dock awning is just sitting up there on the roof of the warehouse out of the way for now. that's going to be one of the last things i do to finish this up.
    those are two dented and rusted up barrells laying outside of the fence, in case anyone wondered.
    comments and suggestions welcome. please......
  • Just luv seeing your work, buddy
    Terry
  • i think the white object you're talking about is a cup holding lumber cutoffs and scrap wood.
  • Can't wait to see the construction workers.

I might darken the rust on the barrels with some dark rust colored powders.
  • bryan,
    i'm still waiting for the lp's. i agree, i need to darken the barrels. i don't think i'll be posting any more pics. i'm really close to finishing this build, and when i do my friend's wife is coming over to take pictures of this one and o'neill's and i think i'll post them in a separate thread.
  • You can send the rain to Arizona. We are in a deficit this summer when we get the majority of our rain.
  • i know i said i probably wouldn't post until finished, but i made some progress and it's starting to shape up. i still haven't gotten the lp's, but i decided to move the new shed to the front.
    Finished front 1

it didn't show up in the pic, but here it is in a different shot:

Finished west side 2

it's not glued down yet, i'm working my way around the dio, and i skipped this spot until i get the lp's.

a little further around the corner:

Finished west side 2

round back.....

Finished warehouse rear 1

the fence is not glued in place yet. there' a scratch built pipe rack behind the warehouse.

Finished warehouse rear 2

Finished west end 1
    Finished west end 2

i'll be happy when this is finished. before i start on the truck repair i gotta clean off the workbench. at this point i can't even see it....
    more later....
  • Coming along very nicely Kevin. Thanks for the update.
  • This look really great Keb. And you'll be sorry when the build is done.... :wink:
  • thanks for the nice comments tom and robert.
    robert, i don't think i will be sorry. i need to find the workbench again...... :)
  • Very nice Kevin, he won't be sorry but probably have a sigh of relief, it finally over
  • Really nice work on the details. Love the pipe rack.
  • steve: that's it. a sigh of relief.
    joel: thanks. i thought the pipe rack would be appropriate.
  • if only. they sure took a turn south....
  • the figures came today and the one of the guy sawing a board on a sawhorse came broken. he lost his head, a foot and the saw. he's made of resin. what's the best glue for putting him back together?
    thanks in advance....
  • edited August 2019
    Return it and get one packaged correctly. Sender should know better. I get sick of poor service like this. Received some photo enlargements the other day sent in a flimsy cardboard mailer with no cardboard inserts and all the photos were creased. Called and complained and they sent replacements in three days in a solid cardboard mailer with the pictures sandwiched between two additional pieces of stiff cardboard...the way they should have been in the first place!
  • The pipe rack is a nice surprise. Looking forward to the intact LP.
  • rather than trying to put them back together i ordered 2 more directly from the manufacturer. they should be here today. i usually get great service from marrow gauge modeling company, so i'll leave it alone. i did send him an email letting him know that they were BOTH broken and asked what glue he used to put them back together. he had a chance to offer to make it right and instead, told me to use thin ca.
    thanks bryan. i thought it needed something and that was the simplest thing i could think of.
  • Love that last pic of the side dock! Very well done.
  • thanks ken. i like that shot too. and the one before it showing the pipe rack.
    well, so much for retiring the guitars. jeff and his wife carol are coming down today to do a little jamming at the bass player's house. no drummer today cuz she couldn't make it and my son's on his way back from minnesota where he sat in on percussion for a reggae band at a fest. we're just gonna try and slap a few songs together and see what happens.
  • here's a shot of the finished warehouse driveway.
    warehouse drive finished