visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

yet another o scale railroad camp build

Comments

• Excellent Kevin!
  • thanks boss.
  • It looks really good.
  • thanks joel.
  • thanks ed, how about some pics of your progress?
  • Kevin, after your great O'Neills build you are dong the same here on RR Camp. Looking very nice!

Geezerbill
  • Well done Kevin, can't wait to see all the details once this thing is "planted"!
  • office roof is shingled. after the ridge cap and rafter tails are finished, i'll epoxy it to the stone walls. Office shingled

i know some guys like to lift a few shingles, but i don't think its really prototypical and if overdone (as it often is) looks a bit cartoonish, so i won't be lifting any (purposely anyway...), but i am going to try to lighten it up a bit by drybrushing some grays on it. i think it came out a bit dark overall.
  • Kevin. Leave it alone it looks real good. .......Carl.......
  • Kevin, great job on that roof. Looks beautiful. I agree about the bent shingles, often overdone.
  • I like the roof.
  • I agree with Carl, leave it. When final assembly and placed in situ, perhaps some moss here and there..
  • thanks all. i'll be leaving it alone.
  • Kevin,

Well done. Glad you'll be keeping the roof as shown in your photo. Looks very natural to me. I am also in the camp of not lifting shingles. As Robert mentioned a bit of moss would be a nice addition.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Very nice shingle job Kevin. Love the color. Really nice.

Geezerbill
  • Kevin, color is great. There is enough texture to the roof that you don't need to lift any shingles. I agree it often is overdone.
  • Very nicely done Kevin.
  • well thanks everyone.
  • you were gonna join me on this build. what's the delay dude?
    can i get a show of hands from everybody that wants ed to join the build?
  • hmmm....crickets.
  • We all know Ed has got a very amusing way of writing here on the forum, but yes, I would like to see some of his achievements too. :smiley:
  • Both hands in the air!!!!
  • Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Good Luck
  • Ed...…..Oh Oh. Keep your eyebrows above it. Good Luck!

Geezerbill
  • i can't help it either. it was predetermined by my dna.....
  • oh, by the way, ed's way ahead of me on the build. he just keeps his head down and plugs away.
  • Don't let Ed fool anyone... He sent me pictures of his build and they are fantastic!
  • i posit that it is.....
    post the pics so all can see what a great job you're doing on the rr camp.
  • Come on, Ed.....pa-leeeeeze
    Terry