visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

yet another o scale railroad camp build

Comments

• The end is in sight!
    Congratulations!
  • Poor Hinkle. He only sees the sun half of the day.
  • Looks right at home.
  • edited January 2021
    it's finished.
    finished with stairs
    this project was started on 10/27/19 and finished 1/2/21.

seems longer than that....
    if i get the ok from brett i will continue to post diorama updates. i have some structures to build before i can really start on the scenery.
  • Congrats on your fortitude as well as excellent modeling Kevin. Well worth the effort......Rick
  • Quite the accomplishment Kevin. That is one hell of a model!
  • Great job Kevin. You sure had to overcome some real challenges on this one. Many would not have stuck it out, but you did.

Mike S.
  • This has been a long haul Kevin. But it was well worth it. You learned a lot and you also did a great job. After I built the Main Street group of models and the Locomotive Service Facility following Brett's instructions, I did a scratch built structure, the Sturgeon Sawmill and won first place with it at the 2019 NMRA 1convention.

So your on your way.
  • congratulation. Now start finishing the interior rooms and install a magnifying glass so we can see clearly through the windows.
  • well that's a wrap. wonderful achievement and lesson in persistence. super model loaded with everything we love!
  • thanks you guys. i'm glad this one's done. here's a couple more pics.finished veranda end

finished rear

FINISHED
  • the pic of the end of the building reminded me of another task i have to do. i have o put some fascia on the end gable.
  • Congrats. Reminds me of Frank Sinatra’s “My Way”.
  • Wasn't going to say anything...haha...didn't notice the lack of a fascia as I was to involved perusing this bad boy! Well done.
  • Congratulations Kevin. It was a long haul but you persevered and ended up with a great and unique structure. It really should look good with the layout you are intending. Can't wait to see the finished scenery. Phil
  • Congratulations Kevin! Turned out great!
  • ken, phil and tom,
    thanks. i'm building smaller buildings now.... :)
  • What an achievement. You can be proud of that one !!!
  • Well yea...build like that would scare the bageezees out of me! I break into a cold sweat every time I look at my unbuilt Twin Mills kit...Lol.
  • boy did we ever get clobbered overnight.
    clobbered 1
    clobbered 2

just paid three high school kids to shovel my driveway. best $40 ever spent.
  • I have a friend in Elgin who sold his snow blower as they are about to list the house. He is not happy either. Glad I live in a warmer climate.......Rick
  • Wow, I love the South! That's crazy.. you guys just shrug it off and get on with life. Down here just the threat of snow sends everyone scurrying to the store to "stock up".
  • oh we do that too, but we bought a 5' upright freezer and stocked it well when covid became an issue and costo is great for that, so no need right now.
  • edited February 2021
    Nope, just no. That just ain't my thing anymore.
    If it gets below 70 Ive got a sweater on these days...
    Southern winters for me, two cold weeks and its done, ha.
  • here's a look at the guy across the street from me's driveway/snow piles.
    snow piles 1

and this is the end of my driveway....

snow piles 2

i hate this crap
  • Carl you're not going keep a little snow in the house our you? I think not those dogs need to play!!

Jerry
  • those are from last year, or two years ago ya candy ass
  • Here you go wimpy December 17 2020.

P1020814

P1020816

P1020802

That is the top of my split rail fence.

P1020821

Snow melts a tornato will leave its mark forever.................Carl.................
  • ya need a) a longer ruler and b) taller fence..... :)