visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

HO Twin Mills

Comments

• Fantastic scenes Mitch. The fresh cut planks are a very good idea
  • Looks good Mitch.
  • Looking great.
  • Fantastic Mitch, your scenic work is wonderfully done. Though I'd love to give you a free pass just for working this great kit up...however, we are still going to scrutinize your work carefully however!lol. So far...wonderful...
  • Spectacular, Mitch

Terry
  • Fantastic work Mitch!
  • There are little lumber cars included with the sawmill kit. These were completed with Carl Laskey's help.

IMG_0001 (7)

IMG_0004 (7)

IMG_0002 (7)

IMG_0003 (7)

There are many details to add around the mill and scenery to finish. Almost done.

Thanks for looking.
  • This loading area is very well done Mitch !!
  • WOW. What a scene.

Ed mentioned Calvin and Hobbes. Ill say Peanut butter and jam (jelly) for you US folks.
  • edited July 2019
    calvin and hobbes? SMDH.....

that scene alone is worth the price of admission. holy cow does that look fantastic? awesome work (and i'm sure its a lot of work).
    just amazing.
  • Looks great.
  • Very nice indeed!

Jerry
  • Great little scene. Nicely done. Hard to capture that look of freshly cut wood and you nailed it.
  • I would like to thank everyone for the positive comments. It keeps me going.

Joel- I used a Rembrandt pastel gold ochre 231.3 to highlight the wood pieces. Scrap a little off on the glass you are working on, dip a brush in clear alcohol and make a stain out of the two ingredients. Brush it on to create the effect. A heavy dot looks like a knot. Easy.

Thanks for looking.
  • Ed---I think it means smacking my darn head, to clean it up a little.
  • SMDH (Shake My Dam* Head)
  • Terrific work, Mitch! I especially like the look of your fresh lumber on the platform and stacked on the buggies. Those little punctuations of color will make your model stand out from others—ones where the stripwood is left in its natural color: too white and unnatural.
    Well done all around!
  • Bill- Always appreciate your critical eye when you look at my work.

I am just following your example on the staining of the freshly cut wood.
  • A little more detailing done.

IMG_0001 (8)

IMG_0002 (8)

IMG_0007 (5)

IMG_0009 (4)

Posting final all around the model shots soon.

Thanks for loooking.

• excellent, museum quality modeling, awesome.
  • Faultless in my opinion. Cant wait to see more.
  • Mitch, the more you show us, the more I love it. Such a fantastic diorama you've build. Thanks for letting us enjoy this beauty.
  • its the best log pond water modeling i've ever seen, not to mention the structures themselves and the surrounding detail/terrain. Excellence at its best!
  • I am wrapping this model up although I am sure the scene will be tinkered with over time. It has been a fun build and it does not really take as long as it seemed to. I had a heart attack and a job change while I was building this model and my interest waned at times. My priorities changed. The pond really scared me but it was not bad at all. That is why I detailed my pond work to relieve any fears any future builders might have. If they look it up.

If you have this kit build it. You will put your stamp on it and people who see it will be amazed you built it. Anyone one who has seen the water is amazed by it.

It really is a four sided model with plenty of detail as we have come to expect from SierraWest models.

IMG_0001
    IMG_0003 (1)

IMG_0004 (1)

IMG_0007

IMG_0008

IMG_0009

IMG_0010 (1)

IMG_0010

IMG_0012

IMG_0013

IMG_0014 (1)

IMG_0015

IMG_0016

IMG_0019
    IMG_0003

Another thank you to Carl Laskey for his encouragement, advice and sharing some of his materials. They all combined to make this a better model.

Thanks for looking.
  • what a stunning diorama! honest, it's one of the very finest i've ever seen. bravo sir!
  • the diorama is just fantastic Mitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2019
    What a superb achievement. So well done in every way. I hope your health is ok now.
  • Mitch,

Incredibly well done. I didn't know for certain how the finished boards were going to be moved from the transfer tracks until I saw the last photo above. (http://www.craftsmankituniversity.com/vanforum/uploads/imageupload/188/OSRDXDXG0Q42.JPG)

Certainly a primer and template for all of us who still have the kit on the shelf.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Outstanding job Mitch. So well done. Everything is convincing and natural. Hall of Fame worthy for sure!
  • Mitch. Thank You for the kind words everything turned out so good.
    Take care of yourself. ........Carl.......