visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

#301 Logging and Tractor Repair Shed (O Scale). Karl.A

Comments

• Nice work
  • edited April 2022
    Thanks Kevin, Randy and Bryan.
    The comments and thoughts are appreciated.
  • What a great tutorial! Thanks Karl and well done I might add.

Jerry
  • Thanks my friend, great to read you.
  • edited May 2022
    Proto pic for anyones future reference ...

cat track
  • Another great tool in the detailing toolbox...Thanks Karl....this also makes me think on realistic tire imprints too....
  • edited April 2022
    Thanks Art, glad you can file it away until needed.
    As I noted, it also works great for the Fordson tractor tracks, use the impeccable castings provided by Brett in the kit for the impressions before you paint them.
    It's also great for any general wheel and tire (or other) impressions, because my method keeps them clean.
  • Two great choices and both would work well. Love following the detailed process.
  • I'm impressed. Really great and thanks for the detailed instruction.
  • Thanks Joel and Paul, I'm happy with the result and it's a
    really quick and easy method.
  • “Lot of work to lay down some tracks“….certainly is but then that’s what distinguishes Karl’s modeling …simply another technique to try and emulate
    Terry

couldn't have said it better

• Thank you Kevin.
  • Cleared off the desk from several other projects because of some infused motivation and then reloaded the desk with the components to get this one finished.
    Pulled all the parts from their various places around this room, dunno how Brett packs this much stuff into one box, but, always thankful that he does.

So, now I need to make some progress and get this beauty finished so the desk is cleared for the next one. I'm looking forward to this...

I do love seeing all the finished castings laid out in front of me, able to see all sides of them clearly and admire them, but now its time to pull it all together.

• Looking forward to seeing it come together.
  • Awwwwww yeah, intermission is over, hah! Finish this beauty up!
  • I agree time to finish this beauty up.

Jerry
  • Looking forward to it all coming together.
  • pulled up a chair and can't wait.....
  • Says the man who has 1 day and a wake-up
  • Says the man who has 1 day and a wake-up

hah! TRUE

• i wish i had kept my short timers hat.......
  • edited May 2022
    I got the basic landforms done last night and smoothed them out with a little tinted plaster.

Dark spot in the middle is where the plaster is still damp.

Put the base layer of dirt down at 11 this morning but it's still wet.

Hoping it dries out soon, I'm getting impatient just looking at it...
  • I don't think it's dry yet. But very impressive!

Jerry
  • Karl, I too am looking forward to your getting it all put together. I see the the time you spent on the Cat tracks paid off. They will look great with the Cat setting at the end of them. Randy
  • edited May 2022
    Yeah, I'll have to agree with you on the first half of that statement Jerry.
    Still not quite dry yet which is really frustrating, at 7pm.
    After doing the base dirt this morning I was really hoping to be gluing down some walls and details tonight and making progress ...
  • edited May 2022
    Thanks Randy, I hope so, I may back the Cat up a little so the imprints protrude out the front a (scale) foot or so, so that.. it looks like they "backed that thing up" a little. I'll see how it looks.

The (fake) Cat stamp only took 15 mins to make, so not a big deal in the whole scheme of things, hell, I've been waiting 7 hours for the dirt to dry so 15min is the blink of an eye. haha

Had a couple of really good motivational phone calls this week from two of the best modellers (and friends) I know so I was really fired up for a lot of progress this weekend. Oh well, I guess we still have tomorrow. Or maybe later tonight...
  • Finally dry.

• Worth the wait.
  • indeed. and the effort pays off....
  • The soil is grout...correct?