visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

#301 Logging and Tractor Repair Shed (O Scale). Karl.A

Comments

• Karl, again, you do fantastic work
  • edited May 2022
    Love the pile of pallets!
  • I wish I had a pallet jig. I would like one or two Old beat up ones around my Truck Repair. Very good consistent work. Are you sure they aren't castings, they are so much alike.
  • Randy, shoot me an email and I will send you a jig. If I have the email I won't forget!
  • Thanks Brett, email is on the way.
  • edited March 2022
    There it is, Brett's Customer support at its best....
    Thanks Brett.
  • You can never have too many pallets.....a great rail side business for a line that does logging......
  • KKarns said:

Nice work Karl. Jigs for 1:87 would be useful...do they exist?

Agree on both comments Ken ...
    Excellent modeling as always Karl, just gets better and better.
    And 1/87 pallet and saw horse jigs would be most useful !!
    Just sayin'
    Thanks and be well,
    --Paul
  • Save your jigs. I have 2 different sizes of pallet jugs. Makes for interesting clusters of pallets.
  • brownbr said:

Save your jigs. I have 2 different sizes of pallet jugs. Makes for interesting clusters of pallets.

i've kept every sierra west jig since my first swsm kit.

• I always impregnate them first with diluted boat varnish. This way, they are much stronger and last longer...
  • I like that idea Robert.
  • Brett, please put me on the list for pallet 1:87 jigs if they exist...thanks
  • edited January 2022
    Thanks Paul.
    Thanks so much Philip, I love the look of these included 'Link and Pin' couplers, they're perfect on these small log cars from SierraWest.

Philip, the three finished disconnects were taken from my car shop diorama, I looked at them to decide which style I was going to copy on this new build. I've decided to copy the middle one which is halfway through a re-build and will be placed inside the repair shed as per the manual.

With that said, I epoxied the pedestal plates in place with the wheel sets last night. I left the 5 minute epoxy to set for 24 hours while I did other things.

Tonight I'm ready to start applying the new deck boards and then add the rest of the car details that are provided in the kit.

• Looking Great Karl!
  • edited January 2022
    Thanks Pap, appreciated.

Disconnect done and it's headed over to the other desk for storage until needed.
    Now I'm trying to think of anything else I need to finish up before I get the dio base back out on the desk and start finishing things up ...

145a
    146a
    147a

• Incredible, I thought the pile of nails was real.
  • Better hammer that nail in before someone snags it and needs a tetanus shot.
  • Good Job Karl. what are the nails piano wire? Is it my imagination or does the nail just below the pile of nails have a head? Randy
  • Old coffee can of nails and the ubiquitous claw hammer. Terrific!
  • unreal. nails. sheesh......
  • Unbelievable!
  • Just goes to show that it doesn’t always take a lot of stuff to make a good scene, just the right stuff. Nice work, sir!
  • Karl, you raise the bar with every model you build! Your details are incredible!
  • Just Fantastic detail work. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Amazing.
  • Thanks guys, the comments are always appreciated and motivating, I love working on Brett's amazing details.

The first time I did it (here) Joel was my original disconnect, then I seem to remember you doing it on, i think, your amazing O'Neill's build, now I'm back at it... I guess it's your turn next again ...

Thanks again.
  • Brett, Would it be possible to make a sawhorse jig out of Styrene? White glue does not attach to styrene. Not sure what the laser does to plastic. Just a thought. Maybe a ladder jig also.
    admin said:

Randy, shoot me an email and I will send you a jig. If I have the email I won't forget!

• Karl,
    Just catching up on this fabulous build, instructive through out and have saved many sections for further reference. Will begin following along now. Thanks
  • admin: can we all get these Jigs?
  • edited January 2022
    The jigs that have been mentioned and shown Pappy are all O scale and generally come included in most of the O scale kits.