visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

logging and tractor repair shed

Comments

• Love the placement of everything Kevin.
  • edited January 2023
    this morning, 1/1/23, the logging and tractor repair diorama is back on tbe workbench after a long diversion. the bates is finished except for the exhaust pipes, and the fordson (a great detail) has been primed.
    historically, this date is the day that Liz and i take down and stow all the christmas decorations. unfortunately she's down in chicago, watching theo and charlie cuz mom and dad went out last night. i have everything done except for the tree. that's takes a long time because she wraps the lights around the inslide branches. we should be all finished by 2. no modeling for me until maybe tomorrow night, cuz theo's staying until some time tomorrow.
  • Looking great Kevin. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Fordson...what a treat!
  • Looking good Kevin. Lots of great detail. I too am looking forward to what you do with the Fordson. Just got mine on Friday. Randy
  • turning out very nice Kevin! The difference in the levels of the terrain really adds to the whole scene.
  • Nice work
  • Looking really good.....this is another kit going into my diorama that I will need to reconfigure a bit...
  • Glad to see you back at it.
  • Looking spectacular. I find sometimes I get stagnant on a model and have to step away for awhile….when I come back to it things seem to fall into place…literally and figuratively
    Terry
  • Outstanding Kevin. Starting to take some real shape there. The stone wall is really cool!
  • edited January 2023
    So glad to see this back on your bench, really looking forward to seeing your further progress.
  • Great to see this one back on the bench. Looking forward to seeing it completed.
  • I missed it the first time around Kevin. Is that the 3d printed Fordson all primed up ready to go? In another thread, I saw it almost finished and wondered where you were going to place it on this model.
  • emery,
    yeah, i'm going to incorporate it into the ltrs. i'm just gonna put it in there somewhere as if it's being restored or something.
  • Great story Kevin, the Fordson will look great with everything else.
  • Copy that Kevin. Thanks for the info.
  • great to see this back up on the bench with new ideas!
  • i feel the need to comment:
    these days one of the most difficult things for me in this hobby is keeping track of all of the ways that the "bar' gets raised and trying to absorb it all and incorporate it into your standard operatihg procedure.
  • edited January 2023
    I hear you on that Kevin, so many great modelers sharing their work and ideas.

I've come to the conclusion that if I can't get over the bar anymore, I'll just do the limbo
    underneath it... ;-)
    If I've done my best and I'm happy with the result, then I'm happy. After all, this is a hobby,
    not a competition.
  • Kevin...I've always told people that come to my clinics at the shows....It's your world (layout or diorama) and you do it to please you and make it yours....From what I've always seen here...everyone asks questions...the question get answered by many people giving you many ways to model.....I love to see what everyone is doing....and I get ideas and inspiration from everyone...I want and enjoy constructive advice.....Enjoy Your Hobby!
  • on a different note, i stumbled across this video this morning about logging operations in the sierras. watching it keads to other videos. kinda cool if you're interested.

• Great video. Thanks for sharing.
    Later, Dave S., Tucson, AZ
  • Kevin, that's a great video. Lots of neat logging information.
  • i got some more details placed yesterday.
    details placed 1

details placed 2
    i haven't glued in the support yet because i have to loosed the back wall and square it up before i can put that in. i'm planning on being down at the bench for a few hours tomorrow.
  • Nice work Kevin. Love that first picture...excellent details!
  • edited January 2023
    Looking great Kevin, planning things out and laying them in place before gluing is such a great part of putting the scenes together.
    Everything is layed out so well and I particularly noticed your finish on the green bottles.

Good work so far on everything.
  • Looks awesome Kevin. I noticed the bottles also.
  • Coming together so well.....
  • This is what “excellence” looks like in our hobby! Bring it home, Kevin!