visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

logging and tractor repair shed

Comments

• a bit woozy
  • Inner ear issue? Sinus stuff.....I get sinus infections from Trade Center damage that affect my inner ear quickly if I don't catch it quick enough....I hope you feel better soon my friend...
  • Sorry to hear that.
  • sleeping for 20 out of 24 hours can really jazz up a fellas sleep cycle. last night i went downstairs at around 11:30 and finished the first roof panel (and woke up at 5....). i won't do anything more to it until it's time to put it on the structure. still haven't figured out what i'm gonna do about the lighting, but i have an idea.
    the dark spot on far left corrugated is just unevaporated alcohol.

1st roof panel finished
  • Great looking roof panel. Love the old sign patch.
  • Feel better Kevin.

Jerry
  • Nice rustic looking roof panel Kevin.
  • Great job on the roof Kevin. Get better soon. Randy
  • Roof panel is nicely done.
  • thanks guys, i[ve moved on to the other side.
  • Nice work on the roof panel
  • edited February 2023
    Thats a fantastic looking roof panel kevin. The board colours and variation look great and the knots in the boards were definitely worth the extra effort.
    The sign patch is a great addition and once the panel is installed and they are all blended together it will be even more superb.
    Well done.

• Very nice. It's going to look great when you get it installed
  • a couple saturdays ago the wife and i bought a new car, a hybrid from kia. we're getting 49.1 mpg with it and we absolutely love driving it. in case anybody's in the market, check out the kia niro. they have a hybrid version, a plug in hybrid version, and an all electric version.
    nice vehicle.
  • Love the way it's coming out....
  • logging shed roofs are finished for now. once installed i'll add dust and leaf debris, and maybe some rust streaks.

logging shed roofs 3
  • Oh yea…. That is one good looking roof….what a hobby this is that we try to achieve “down on your luck” appearance ;-))
    Terry
  • edited March 2023
    thanks terry. i forgot to do something...one side has nail holes on the battens. i need to do the same on the other side. they're both spending the night under the irons. i'll do it tomorrow. i guess i'm at the point where i need to shit or get off the pot with regards to the lighting. well i will be once i finish the tractor repair roofs.
  • Great work Kevin. Roof is going to look terrific installed.
  • Great mix of patches on the roof.
  • edited March 2023
    Looks great Kev, the grey colouring, variations and knots throughout look just right.
    I obviously like the SWSM sign incorporated and the slightly browner batten on the left tells the story of a replaced board, but some time ago, it all blends very nicely.

A very good look overall, well done.
  • ken, brian and karl,
    thanks gents. this coming from you guys is cool.....
  • Those roofs look like crap…Congratulations! Great job!
  • Nice job on the roofs. Like the variety of materials. It really adds interest.
  • thanks alco and tom.. i ran out of the 2x10s need for the roof base, so my ssa comes wednesday and i'll have to order some from northwest. i'm officially on hold for a bit.
  • Looks great Kevin. I count six different materials on your roof. Great job of mixing up the look of the roof. Just getting back to the computer today. I have not been on the computer sense Thursday because of cataract surgery. like the roof. Randy
  • thanks randy.
  • i'm calling the roofs finished, at least for now. i added 20 more drops of white shoe dye to my silverwood mixture in hopes of getting a lighter gray tone on the roofs, but i didn't really notice a big difference. i'm gonna dry brush light gray on the battens, and after that i'll call 'em done at least until i install them on the structure.
    finished roofs

and here they are drybrushed.

now i move on to the part i've been dreading; the lights.i can't install the trusses until i get the lighting worked out.finished roofs drybrushed

and here's one more with a little less glare from the light.

finished less glare
  • Nice work Kevin. I'm with you on the lighting...one of my least favorite things to do!
  • Vice variation on the grey tones and a pleasant colour overall. The last pic really comes to life.