visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

New Member from Houston...Home of Pagosa Creek Timber Company

Comments

• Dioramas are nice by themselves. But when integrated into a layout alongside other craftsman-caliber work, the effects are multiplied. Don’t tell anyone where you live or you’ll have visitors to your SW room! Great work!
  • Really nice. I will want to light the shop as well and have the removable roof when I build mine. I figured it will be a challenge. Rick

I took pics of my light bar as I was making it. I’ll share it here if you would like.
  • Thanks. I have a plan already. Just not sure ow long it will be before I build that kit. In the middle of building the foundry at the moment.....Rick
  • Very nice job. Congratulations. Phil
  • nice o'neill's!
  • Looks great
  • Thanks guys. I’m starting on the tractor repair shed. Have all the wood stained and on my way to Colorado for vacation. Will have a lot of down time in the evenings to add the siding from our condo.
  • Sakman said:

Really nice. I will want to light the shop as well and have the removable roof when I build mine. I figured it will be a challenge. Rick

I took pics of my light bar as I was making it. I’ll share it here if you would like.
    plrase do.
  • Just finished my tractor repair shed. Started October of 2020 on vacation to Pagosa Springs. Stained wood at night. Not sure what kit I am going to do next but I think either Blue-sky or the Truck Repair Shed. Here is a pic of my Tractor repair.Tractor shed
  • Still have to work a tad more on the planting of the scene.
  • You have been busy. That is a really nice looking model. Hope you post some more pictures when you get the landscape completed. Always nice to see how it gets melded into the layout.
  • Some excellent modelling indeed on both builds, both superbly built and finished.
    Really, really nice work and a pleasure to closely study both.
  • Thanks guys...but all the credit has to go to Brett for his fabulous instructions.
  • Paul, looking fantastic and welcome aboard.
  • Outstanding! Can't wait to see more. Love the night shot, very convincing work.
  • Very nice top shelf.
  • edited November 2021
    I have been buying some baby LEDs from ebay. Are we allowed to show the site?
    ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/191884868853 ) I think 10 for 8.00. I also use the old Campbells HO brass light reflectors. I had a bunch from way back and the price tag on the back of mine were .89, the next at 2.40, and then 3.05. I have about 10 left so I checked the Campbells website and they are now 7.25 FOR 6. Now that's some serious inflation. I have 3 along the track and two in the side building. Can wire them up in series so that you only need one resister. I also added a rafter across the top to hide the rafters and a piece of brass tubing down the end to run the wire out to the bottom. Running on 12 volts. Left out the center truss.
  • edited November 2021

Tractor shed 2
  • fantastic work Paul!!
  • Thanks Pappy.
  • Looks great Paul. You have to do a build thread for your next project.

Are you planning on installing a roof cap?
  • brownbr said:

Looks great Paul. You have to do a build thread for your next project.

Are you planning on installing a roof cap?

Dang….I left that off. Are SWSM ever really finished? I’ll add the cap tonight. Thanks for reminding me.
  • Beautiful work Paul. Roof looks terrific!
  • Am now well on my way building the Truck repair shed. Just finished the interior wall. Got a new iPhone 13 Pro yesterday. Not sure why I will ever need a better camera. Not ready to toss the Canon 7D yet...but
    Clipboard01
  • This looks really nice !!!
  • Great job adding all the labels. Looks great. This will be a great build...Rick
  • Very believable modeling.

Cheers,

George
  • Looks great....looks old but not unused....
  • Great work Paul!!