visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Tractor/Truck/Boiler Repair complex

Since I have about a month or so to wait for the next Foundry installment to arrive....I am starting a diorama that will eventually be included on the layout. I'll be combining the Tractor Repair with the Truck Repair and maybe a shed or two ( along with leaving space for that Boiler Repair that I've heard tell of) into a repair complex. I'll build it on 1" thick pink foam board so I can easily intergrate it into my layout later. Once I get farther along I'll try and post a drawing of the plan. I'll post some photo's as I go....and since there's been a few threads on both the Tractor and Truck kits...I'll stick with just progress shots or and deviations from the norm. This diorama will also fit into my Camp 3 area...which will also have loco housing and basic maintenence area for logging loco's and equipment......

Comments

• Can't wait to see it.
  • Anxiously waiting to see where you go with this. Rick
  • Me too Muddy.
  • Wow Rick, Sounds amazing. Looking forward to seeing this come together.
  • I'm just happy to be able to spend this much time modeling....
  • Joel...Muddy is Art...not Rick.....
  • There are some who call me......Tim....
  • Sorry about, still looking forward to the build
  • edited April 2020
    Just a few quick pictures of todays time in the shop....starting with the Tractor Repair kit first.....got most of the walls done.....hope to finish the others tomorrow since it's supposed to rain...then I get on to painting and detailing the resin and metal castings....
  • Off to a great start.
  • Will be following you !!!
  • I'm going to sit later and draw up the basic arrangement I have in my mind of the structures....I'll only be guessing on the shape and size of the boiler repair area....but that area will not be on the foam for the diorama at this time....I'm also thinking of adding a few other small out buildings...I tend to modify my plans as I go....And yes I will put up a photo of it......
  • There are some who call me......Tim....

and the cat is out of the bag!

• What about the white rabbit?
  • go ask alice....
  • Wrong movie....think coconuts....
  • i was thinking of the jefferson airplane song.
  • That works too.....
  • Art, you're flying through this build. Phil
  • I end up down in the shop some days 5-7 hours at a stretch....I actually never got down there today...too nice outside.….building a real outdoor shed.....with the rain tomorrow....I'll be back on it...with the Rona...not much else to do.....
  • A slight deviation from the manual.....I glued the floor down to a piece of cardstock initially so I could work on it not glued to the foam board base. This is just glued in with little if any weathering yet. Just a bit of damage here and there. I want to layout the work areas to get an idea of where I want the wear paths to go.
  • Even before you weather, you can give it a good going over with the steel wool to dull the shine a bit. After all, this is a repair complex. You can save the oil spots and other weathering tricks for later. Phil
  • I plan to do just that....it's not as shiny in person....it may even still be a bit wet...as I just finished it prior to the photo.....I still need to inflict some more damage.....I need to look at the workbench set-up and work stations to decide just how much.....I'm sure by tomorrow it will look a lot different....