visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

My First SWSM kit - RRC Truck Repair. #312

Comments

• Ooh, thats true. I do the red tone with the airbrush , if needed. Thougth the priming has to be a real waterproof colour. Thanks Bryan.
  • They look good Jens, it's just for a light coat to give you a colour base to start from.
    I think Ken has used the Tamiya cans, and nobody can argue with his results.

Have fun !
  • The grey color makes a good base to represent galvanized or corrugated metal.
  • Thanks Tom, good advice.
  • I think, I have most of the resin castings primed. Flat black for the oil drums, tanks, barrels and some of the crates. Wooden deck tan for the rest of the crates, batteries and all the furniture.
    20230321_221755
  • Hi everybody.
    I spent the last evenings with painting, chipping, dusting all details. But everything only in small steps, so no big progress - although detailing takes some time...

20230326_190813
    20230402_132615
    20230402_133758
    20230402_132633
  • everything looks really good, but the wooden barrels are especially nice.
  • Totally agree, great looking barrels!
  • I really like the woodtones on the barrels.
  • Thank you guys.
    Painting the barrels has been a fun job. Took a bit of practice to hit the bands and the slats, but I mostly succeeded.
  • Now,
    I may proudly present the first interior wall:

20230402_153858
    as always you are invited to give any suggestions.
    I noticed a bit to late that the 3d printed bottles are Cola bottles. That's why its green.
  • Beautiful walls Jen!
  • Nice work Jens. And you just invented Green Tea Cola !!! :)
  • Details turned out GREAT! I too like the color of the barrels. The wall is nicely done.
  • Yes Robert, I think that's how most of the inventions came out. They just happened...
    Appreciated Tom.
  • that wall looks fantastic!
  • That last pic and all your details look great Jen, very nicely done indeed.

Coke bottles had a green tint at one point in history...
  • The time you took to put labels on crates and cans puts the icing on the cake.
  • Karl.A said:

That last pic and all your details look great Jen, very nicely done indeed.

Coke bottles had a green tint at one point in history...

or it could just be a bottle of heineken. at any rate, that's one great wall.

• Turned out great
  • Kevin,
    the mechanic at the Repair Shop turned the bottle, so we can have a better look at the lable ...

DSC_1259 3

You were right, it's a Heineken.
  • JenS said:

Kevin,
    the mechanic at the Repair Shop turned the bottle, so we can have a better look at the lable ...

You were right, it's a Heineken.

its my keen intuition.
    nicely done.

• No wonder why my clutch still slips....
  • You know you did a good job when you dive into close ups and things still look fantastic. The cracked paint on the red tank is very interesting.
  • Thanks men. I really appreciate it.
    Since all of the detail castings are done now, I am getting along a bit faster.
    I got the left wall ready today.

20230404_191817
  • This looks great.
  • Looking very good....love the colors and weathering....digging the safety sign and clipboards...
  • Looking great Jens,
    the tarpaper looks great with the texture and subtle highlights.
    Details also look great everything blends and looks natural. Labels, colours, placement are all well done, realistic and subtle.
  • Are those clipboards?!
  • Great job! The labels really add a lot!