visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

The Line Side Shed, Building a SW kit without a SW kit.

Comments

• Holdfast.
  • so this rabbi walks into a bar......
  • edited October 2020
    A cigar for Emeryl and Tom... :smiley:

Go on Kevin, nothing worse than a joke without the clue... :wink:
  • Details look fantastic Robert! Very cool.
  • A true master craftsman's work right here.

My answer for the hole in the bench: That's where the water would drain as I washed it down after slicing off my fingertip.
  • Great details. I love the fact that you use "bits and pieces" to make details like the gas bottles. I try to find uses for "bits and pieces" lying around.
  • Amazing work Robert. Hard to believe it’s not full scale!
  • It's all in the details!...
  • Fantastic attention to detail. Just beautiful, not surprising but still amazing.
  • So here it is, the SW kit without the kit. What a build that was. Starting for the unknown with only some photos as a guide. I just made my own interpretation of it. Made a bunch of details, added some leftovers from previous kits, and there you go.

As you will see, there is no track because I'll install that later when it has it's place on the layout. I believe it is easier to lay a continuous track in front of the buildings than puzzle all the short pieces of track that are on the dioramas together.

There is also less clutter and junk on this diorama because I feel not all dioramas with SW builds should look like a junkyard..

When it get dark, I'll make some pics of the lights in the shed.

Enjoy the photos and I hope you like them. :wink:

DSCN4758

DSCN4759

DSCN4760

DSCN4761

DSCN4762

DSCN4763

DSCN4764

DSCN4765

DSCN4766

DSCN4767

DSCN4768

DSCN4769

DSCN4770

DSCN4771

DSCN4772

DSCN4775

DSCN4776

DSCN4777

DSCN4779

DSCN4780

DSCN4787

DSCN4789

Thanks for watching...

Robert.G will return.... :wink:
  • Another masterpiece. And in record time.
  • Fantastic as always. You are a true master.....Rick
  • Well done!
  • Well Robert, what can I say, If I didn't know it, I would say that this was 1 to 1 scale which you have heard many times. The peeling paint effect is just great and all the other details are right on. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Robert...growing up in America we had a word we used when something was very good....believe it or not the word was “bad”.....as in “ that corvette is so bad”... well this build of yours is so “bad”...well done buddy
    Terry
  • Robert, just amazing. It really doesn't look like a model. I just loved your interpretation of this great model. Congratulations. Phil
  • Amazing Robert! Looks so natural and blends in so well with the background. Can't tell where the diorama ends and the real background begins. A real testament to your wonderful work. Thanks for sharing.
  • Ring a bell!
  • You absolutely killed it on that diorama base. Really liking the dirt driveway. Excellent job.
  • Reality captured
    Incredible!
  • I really like Robert.

Greetings.
    JM
  • holy crap.
  • Crazy good!
  • edited November 2020
    Simply outstanding. The peeling paint and chipping is second to none. It is so incredibly natural and effortless appearing. It is amazing how realistic everything appears. Robert sent me some high res pics for the gallery and let me tell you when you zoom in the detail is unbelievable. Thank you as always for taking the time to share your work and techniques with us.
  • unbelievably good.
  • edited November 2020
    Things to discover... In the first and eleventh photo, you can see a wooden barrel. Next to it on the left on the ground is an old cooking pot. When you zoom into that you will see the reflection of the wall in the water that is in that pot... If anyone would like some high definition photos, send me a message with your email. I will Wetransfer them to you . More to discover that way... :wink:
  • I could be Cousin Eddie.
    Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.
  • Robert,

Thank you for sharing the WeTransfers. They are super. Your generosity since joining the group a few years ago ( July 2017) has been extensive and greatly appreciated

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • I took Robert up on his suggestion to enlarge the small water trough in the high resolution photos he sent via WeTransfer to better see the reflections in the water. Here are the amazing results from my cropped photos of Robert's high resolution photos.

SWSM LineSide Shed by Robert G. J.resize

SWSM LineSide Shed by Robert G. Jce.2.j resize

SWSM LineSide Shed by Robert G. Jce.3crop.resize

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ

• Crop Resize 2.

SWSM LineSide Shed by Robert G. Jce.2.j resize