visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

The Line Side Shed, Building a SW kit without a SW kit.

Comments

• Very nice work.
  • edited October 2020
    engine909 said:

You shook me all night long. .

AC - DC Ed, lots of energy from that band.

Thanks guys.
  • That's the way peeled paint is done. Great job. Phil
  • Masterful, as always!
  • Whilst working on the roof, I also made some new details. Remember, no castings in my ' kit'... :wink:
    A set of wooden , army style crates. ( O,7 inches long )

DSCN4715

DSCN4716

DSCN4717

DSCN4718

soon more..

• wow. maybe brett should hire you.
  • yeah that's crazy small.
  • I read it as O scale comma 7 inches long
    Terry
  • might be. i read it as 7 tenths of an inch. my bad....
  • 18 millimetres, do the conversion.... 0,7 inch..
  • Lovely. But after WAY to many years of breathing chemicals, I simply cannot go near them, mask or no mask.
  • those will do in a pinch
  • More progress.

A nice detail, I think , the ladder hung up on the rear wall.

The interior ready to be 'decorated'... Send in the guys with the pink trousers....:wink:

And the tarpaper roof of the annex. ... Had it's best time so to see. :blush:

DSCN4721

DSCN4722

DSCN4724

next episode ..... soon.

• Robert, very nice work. I love the shed roof. The moss is a nice touch. Phil
  • edited October 2020
    The moss is a hit with me as well and the ladder and, and,and....oh, I just like it all....been lookin’ for something to criticize but haven’t found anything yet....but I’ll keep lookin’
    Terry
  • I always enjoy your roofs.
  • I did some more 'furniture' for the shed. A carpenter's tool case with metal handles, , and a large cabinet with shelves and paneled doors. To be closed with a key. ( Not provided because lost by the nonchalance of the workers.... :blush: )

I put a Buffalo Landing figure next to the tool chest so you can see the proportions.

Both the chest and cabinet need to be filled with ...euh...tools and stuff. That's for later.
    I also tried to make this furniture with wood with the correct scale of thickness of the stock. Therefore I sanded down even the thinnest pieces of stripwood.

I also have the feeling that the resin furniture is always a bit thick. But perhaps that's because the casting proces doesn't allow very thin results. This doesn't do anything on the quality of the castings. Best ever !

DSCN4730

DSCN4738

DSCN4731

:wink:
  • Love the furniture
  • Very nice work. Because of your photography, you don't realize how small it really is. Phil
  • [phew....]
  • Wow
    Speechless
  • Great details! Thinning down the thickness of the wood really adds to the reality.
  • So, more details were made. I have to fill the shed, right....A wooden rack

DSCN4744

DSCN4745

to store gas containers ( made of bits and pieces...)

DSCN4742

DSCN4739

DSCN4740

DSCN4741

A real, professional beechwood workbench. ( just like the one on my workshop) Anybody knows what the hole in the top is for.. :)

DSCN4746

DSCN4747

DSCN4749

DSCN4751

and another type of trestles. ( also from my workshop)

DSCN4753

DSCN4754

:wink:
  • Unbelievable and awesome work every time. You are the master at this!!! Phil
  • I have no idea how you get the results you do. I cannot imagine this level of detail from scratch. Phenomenal......Rick
  • A joy to view your skills
    Terry
  • The hole is for a bench dog clamp. Or at least that is why I have one in mine.