visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Foss' Landing is Coming Together

13»

Comments

• After 20 years, the "Jewel" is returning to Foss' landing. Pictures to follow next week.
  • Lots of work to do Ed but I'm having lots of fun. I still need to do all the pierwork revisions but I'm playing around with the boat placement now.Waterfront scene resize
  • Wow. This is going to look really good. The boats are wonderful additions and once you make your pour, it's going to look really outstanding. I always admire folks that take on water scenes - not for the faint of heart. Great job. Phil
  • Wow once more! Above my pay grade that's for sure.
  • Looking so great, I really love water scenes. Coming together so well.
  • That is amazing John.
  • Love the boats , I’ve done some experimenting with modge podge and had issues with air bubbles after set, I had better luck with Golden Gel. I have used the envirotex as well with good results. Looking forward to your completed scene, I finished Foss Landing in the spring, wonderful kit.
  • Hello everyone, I've been busy but have still been working on the waterfront whenever I can. The first barge is headed to the Foss Launch company!Barge 1 resize
    Barge 2 resize
    Barge 3 resize
  • I live in Colorado. I don’t have enough closets for coats.
  • Years back when we were looking for a house, we almost bought one with no basement. There was a 3rd bedroom I envisioned for the layout. Having 4 boys, later on, would have meant at least one of them would have slept under the layout! I can understand having no "coat" closets in Florida, but Colorado is another story unless the closets you do have are filled with kits and trains?
  • Love the barge!! Phil
  • That barge is really cool. What is the deck material?
  • The deck material is laser cut wood.
  • The Jewel is finally back home at Foss' landing!The  Jewel 1 resize
    The Jewel 2 resize
  • Thanks, Ed. The new floating dock is visible behind the boat. I still have much work to do on that.
  • Nice job on the rigging
  • Thanks, It was a bit of a ....................BEAR!
  • Indeed it is !!
  • The a Jewel looks great, I remember when I first got the Foss Landing kit and opened it , I was for some reason thinking the Jewel was coming with it. Did you make a decision on what to use for water? I had just ordered up something similar to envirotex but I do like to pour and then use a Golden product to give a current effect.
  • John,

This harbor scene is shaping up to be not just a hub of activity but a "jewel" to look at.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • shades of gregg shinnie
    punmaster extraordinaire.... :smile: