visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Two Cylinder Mill Engine

124»

Comments

• thank you!
  • Really nice looking layout Eric...your tall grass is very well done, just the right shade of dull green to light brown.
  • Wow, I can't believe how uninformed everyone here is. You absatively posolutely can not have that small belt cross over like that or you will blow the framistat to pieces and can poke somebody's eye out.

On another note, Eric, you have done a fantastic job of weathering it, especially the oil and grease parts. Great job.
  • Has anyone tried Ammo by Mig for creating oily greasy results? I've got them but haven't used them yet but the applications look excellent.
  • edited January 2019
    David...there's a thread "Another O Scale sawmill" (Page 15of35) in which Bill uses the MIG products for grease and oil stains...a great tutorial
    Terry
  • Terry,

Is this Bill's explanation you referenced? Forum Intro Page, find the left column Category Listings, then find O Scale Builds (81), now click and open "Another O-Scale Sawmill Build", go to Page One... scroll down the page until you see this.

"Using the log haul, here's a basic step-by-step of how I got my results. The "Oil & Fuel weathering set" from Ammo by Mig Jimenez has 3 different types of oil and grease stains and works great. You can get this set on amazon or a hobby shop.":

Materials:
    SierraWest Oil Mig Paints r.1

Step One:
    SierraWest Oil On Machinery How To by Bill Another O Scale Saw Mill p.1

"I began by applying small splotches of "Engine Grime" (a grayish satin-sheen oil residue) to the areas around the pillow blocks."

......etc., etc., etc.?

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ

• David_C said:

Wow, I can't believe how uninformed everyone here is. You absatively posolutely can not have that small belt cross over like that...…….

Apparently you can..... although I'm sure it's not the 'norm' and it really doesn't look good. But obviously, sometimes it happens.

crossbelt

Pic from previous page.

Karl.A
  • Dave...yes, that’s what I was referring to
    Terry
  • edited January 2019
    There is also a crossed belt in the video from Sebastopol, CA.