visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Neal's O scale Build for the Romantics and the Madmen

Comments

• After all, he's doing a GREAT job with this kit. !!!
  • Now that a few days have passed I have to admit that I miss Eric. He never colored inside the lines but he did bring some fresh ideas. At the same time I hope he realizes that every road does have edges and simply wondering or occasionally labeling a statement as Maine humor doesn't really add to his narrative.
  • Unfinished. Roofs are loose for lighting install, etc.

IMG_3061
    IMG_3063
    IMG_3072
    IMG_3075
    IMG_3077
    IMG_3080

IMG_3082
    IMG_3057
  • edited March 2019

• My photo is a bit too brown. The cement is more gray.

HGT7II25GYTV

IMG_3057
  • edited March 2019
    Hey buddy....glad you found yer way back....get the mower out and cut your grass before the County cites you;-))...all is looking great... I like the rusting metal roof Beau Coup
    Terry
  • Hey, Seabee! Thanks! Here it is among others to give a sense of scale and color.

Ever try a push mower? In Penobscot Falls, no worries about county officials. Maine coast fisherman kind of have their own laws and are not too eager to listen to officials telling them what to do. Besides, they always need extra lobster bait.

DSC_0021
  • Looking real good Eric, Glad that you are back. .............Carl................
  • I like the finishes and the weathering on the roofs and building walls. Well done.

Somehow the stairs seem too big for the building. Maybe it's the perspective the camera creates in the picture. They seem very heavy duty and not as delicate as they should?
  • Hey ! Eric, so nice to see you back here. May I say you did a FANTASTIC job with this build. I am sure we are all pleased to see it. I am certain it will inspire many who have this great kit somewhere on a shelf to build it and those who don't have it yet, to get it before it is sold out.
    Thanks for posting man.
    engine909 said:

Told you Keb.
    ed

Ed, when the going gets tough, some DO keep going... :wink:

• Looks great Eric, love the grass, the color is perfect and your and the heavy and sparse areas look perfectly natural. Well done.
  • How did to you do the grass? Everything looks fantastic!
  • Eric,

I've been on a bit of a furlough from the internet with family from back in the Midwest visiting and going up to Phoenix for Spring Training baseball so I'm just now getting back on the computer.

Great to see how your Neal's build has progressed. I like how you displayed some of the more commonly used tools at the bottom of the stairs.

Nice job on the tall dried out grass. Hope none of the little people working at Neal's drops a match or cigarette butt around those stairs. LOL!

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • In Spring sun. Changed tower roof and added details. About done but for some stays for the stove pipe and sign. Like the puddles. The scrap pile needs bottles.

IMG_3484
  • Very much like the deteriorating concrete tower foundation...your efforts or is that a kit casting...all in all a superb effort on the entire model....well done MG
    Terry
  • What is the structure in the background? I like the siding as a prototype
  • Very much like the deteriorating concrete tower foundation...your efforts or is that a kit casting...all in all a superb effort on the entire model....well done MG
    Terry

Terry - that is a resin casting included in this kit as are the other foundation castings. Same for the HO Scale version, all included castings!
  • eric,i have to ask a question about the 800 lb gorilla in the room: what is the logic behind putting a wood deck between the loading doors and the concrete loading dock? i've run possibilities through my head and none of 'em make sense.
  • Sparking steam engines and flammable gas too close to each other do not make sense this Mainer's mind.

Gee, Brett, thanks for the kind words.
  • Seabee, that is our house. That damn wall keeps having issues. I think I'll replace the clapboard in that one section with a composite. White is white, right?

IMG_2095
  • Gotta luv the composite...HardiPlank in my area
    Terry
  • Yeah, the Man is still alive.... In the sun, this build even looks better than it already was.
    Like you said, could use more details/clutter. I believe there are plenty in this kit.... :wink:
    Good to hear from you Eric.
  • Robert, thank you for being a friend. Believe it or not, there is a blizzard outside with about 5 inches of snow already and days more coming supposedly. Global warming has shifted the Canadian air south. Good excuse to do some modeling.
  • Eric,

I thoroughly enjoy your interpretation of this structure kit and especially the final photos you added to the build. Like your start on the development of the scene surrounding the structure and the hint of how it will fit into your railroad. Looking forward to more as it becomes available.
    Our local weather has decided that it should skip Spring and jump into Summer for a few days. 90 today and 93+ tomorrow. The joys of life in the desert!

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • I just wanted to thank all of you for your generous support throughout this project. No matter our differences, our love of modeling wipes away all other concerns. Cheers and have a great one! All your positive comments mean a lot.
  • That's just the normal thing to do Eric. We've, I for certain, enjoyed the ride and picked up some useful ideas. With a great result in the end. Thanks for posting all your efforts.
  • edited June 2019
    Just read over this again. It is really saddening to me how my thread ended. Things were going good, everyone was having a good time, and then that came to an abrupt stop. Sad. And looking back I see no reason for it. I put a lot of time and effort into creating this thread, not to mention all the photos Amanda took at my request.

If a person is putting in all the effort to show a build, and following ALL the rules, and it obviously hugely promotes SW (over 7k views), why can't they at the least be given the courtesy of being left alone with their (THEIR) thread without interference? Putting up a finished professionally built and photographed image of the same kit (which is supposedly against the rules) is simply not fair as I see it. It certainly took all the wind out of my sails. Do others have thoughts?
  • edited June 2019
    And Robert, I was being sarcastic in my last post above this recent one.