visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Neal's O scale Build for the Romantics and the Madmen

Comments

• First, I think yours is as professional as can be. With lots of own creative input and excellent result. I believe that is in the end what Brett wants people to do with his kits, make them their own interpretation. You did a super job on that. You must see the two versions as a comparison, the example from SW and a personal build from a modeler. I meant what I said in the last post and am sure all followers of your thread do to. So, don't take it the wrong way. It was a very enjoyable build to follow. Thanks for your artistic participation.
  • edited June 2019
    Robert, I am far from a professional modeler. But I do believe that if the rules here must be so harsh, then they should at least be consistent and fair. Unfairness irks me just as lies irk me. They destroy the soul of too many things.

• Things on a pool table on a rainy Maine day.

IMG_5193 copy
  • Say what you want, but this is one hell of a build. I like the combination with the wooden water tank very much. That is an incredible achievement aswel !!! ( I've seen the detail pics :wink: )
  • no question about it.....
  • Eric,

These structures just simply blend together creating a very natural scene. Nice job creating the tall grass for the structure base.

Do I detect two rail track in these photos?

Later, Dave
  • Eric. The water tank is that part of the kit?
  • Dave, 2-rail scale! LOVE it!

Carl, the water tower is my own creation.
  • Very nice I want one.
  • Carl, I can give you all the tips along the way to build the water tank. It is merely labor intensive. I have build photos you could follow as well. I ALWAYS wanted a water tower in O-scale.

IMG_2734
    IMG_2759
    IMG_2767
    IMG_5501
  • Sadly, the schooner has disappeared. Amanda found the arrow stuck to her sweater. As a detective, my guess is she might have had something to do with the schooner sinking. Thoughts?
  • Eric, love the peeling paint in the last pic. How did you achieve that look? The old coach seat is also amazing from what I can see.
  • Joel, I wrote it all down somewhere. I will look unless you want to simply phone me. Or I can phone you? Mill engine is finally finished.

IMG_5218
  • edited June 2019
    A June afternoon in Maine. The On30 will soon be off the pool table into its own world.

IMG_5220
  • Eric. I was at the Narrow Gauge show in 2016 and they had put me behind the door as you walk in I asked them to move and the answer was NO. ...........Carl...........P1010200
  • Carl, I think you read the water tower story?
  • Sweet! The ground level shot of O'Neills is the money shot for sure, really nice as is the other details pictured. Great modeling Eric.
  • I did a very good pice and it brought memories of that contest room not good ones.
  • Joel, the peeling paint on the water tower was really a comedy of errors. I tried the rubber cement method. NEVER again. Finally, out of anger, I went medieval on its ass with a stout wire brush, and it came out pretty darn good. But repeat it, I think not!
  • Eric. That has to be the best one yet a real nice job............Carl.........
  • Thanks, Carl. As I understand it, P.F. does not have many dwarfs.

Joel, a switch!

IMG_5223
    switch
  • Eric,

Looking at this image gives me flash backs to a Disney image of Mickey Mouse and his shadow. Creative indeed.

http://www.craftsmankituniversity.com/vanforum/uploads/imageupload/614/4MH5NOQ477JC.JPG

Water Tank by  Eric Green

Later, Dave S Tucson, AZ
  • Ken, better light on the "money shot."

IMG_5480
  • Sweet!...
  • Stripwood weathered in pickle mix 50-hour-exposure to steel wool. I submerged the wood for about a minute then stirred the wood with the stick. Done. Two minutes tops for the project.

IMG_5764