visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Railroad Camp aka RRC

124»

Comments

• Terry, looking great!. I will be building this kit once released for HO.
    Will be following your great work!
  • Fantastic work Terry, looking so forward to seeing this build continue! The boiler and welding shop looks awesome.
  • Thanks Pappy and Brett….I’ve been working on this rascal on an off since early 2018….Kevin O’Niell , Mike Engler and Mike Chambers all documented their builds of RRC and they were great Go-Bys…of course there’s no better Go-By than the SWSM manual that comes with the kit…as an aside, while reading thru Kevin and Mike’s (C) builds I kept seeing names of great modelers that we’ve lost….so many and so talented
    Terry
  • Terry, do not ever forget you are one of the best.
    And looking forward for this build as you progress.
  • edited October 2021
    Looking so good Terry, your weathering, coloring and construction is all top level. So glad you're continuing to share this journey with us.
    Your boiler shop walls came out so good, cant wait for this final part of the O Scale trio, seeing your work on the HO version makes me want the O Scale version even more, I think its my favorite structure of the three.
    Your progress is steady and impressive. Really nice.
  • Thanks Karl…
    T
  • I like it. A monorail I see.

Not a big fan of the tarpaper roof on the tarpaper addition...it looks too new. I'd suggest a thinner material such as tissue.
  • TERRY.
    A VERY NICE WORK AS ALWAYS I AM ENJOYING FOLLOWING ALONG....C/L......
  • I love the coloring you got on the cedar shake on the boiler shop. Definitely a different approach on the peeling paint too with great results. The tar paper shack siding is fantastic. I guess they replaced he roofing at some point as it is way newer than the sides. That may be my place to possibly get them more similar. Otherwise doing a great job......Rick
  • Thanks Goat…appreciate the input….the cedar shakes are real cedar…a lot of effort on those…at the time of the photo no weathering had been done on the roof(s)…doing that as we speak
    Terry
  • Terry really starting to take shape. Love the walls on the boiler /welding shop.
  • Thanks Joel…has been s great experience on this build due to the varied materials
    Terry
  • Great work Terry!