visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Variations on a theme... The Woodcutters'

Ok guys, as I can't install the dueling shacks for now, (the layout is in France, I am in Belgium for a few more weeks,) I thought, well lets move on to the next build. ( I know Brett is anxious to see his kits come together....) A step higher on the difficulty ladder :) ..

So, I decided to start with the Woodcutters Shack. Already some time ago , but only now a little bit presentable. As always, I like to put in my personal touch, variations on a theme so to speak.

The construction of the edifices is done, but no final patination yet. So, still a lot of work in that department.... Same for the marvelous details. With each kit I am overwhelmed by their beauty.

Here we go...

DSCN2018

DSCN2019

DSCN2020

DSCN2021

DSCN2022

DSCN2023

DSCN2024

DSCN2025

DSCN2026

DSCN2027

DSCN2028

DSCN2029

DSCN2030

DSCN2031

DSCN2032

DSCN2033

DSCN2034

DSCN2036

DSCN2037

DSCN2038

DSCN2039

More later.

Robert

Comments

• Shingles look really good. Did you just paint them Gray and then dry brush with some lighter grays and off whites?

Alan
  • Robert. It looks wonderful almost like a painting nice work. ...............Carl
  • Great colour and texture. Really stunning.
    Joel
  • Yes Alan, there are no powders used here. But I will do so later when I add moss and more dirt particles. I did paint them almost one by one to get the difference betweem them. In between layers, some brushing with wire brush and light sanding to get structure and taking off color on the edges. But like I said, more patination will follow.
  • Very nice.
  • Love your work RG, most notably the natural variations in the coloring/weathering of the various components. Really like the ladder rungs too!
  • Amazing attention to the wood finishes, and your distinct style is wonderful. Love the weathered tar paper roof.
  • Exceptional. A joy to look at.
    ed
  • Robert,

Very nice, I like your coloring and texture as it is not to dark.