visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

New product requests/ re-release pleadings...

124»

Comments

• admin said:

kebmo said:

i wouldn't mind seeing a re-issue of the o scale blue sky.....
    just sayin'.

If you (or anyone) wants one just let me know! I make those by special order...

Brett,

That is good to know. Need to save for one.

Frank
  • Another Blue Sky. Hmmm....you got me thinking now. It was such a great kit.

My Santa list would include:

1) log unloader for sawmill
    2) shingle mill to go with boiler house
    3) complete line of CHB donkeys

• A log unloader? I would have to change my whole diorama. When I saw the actual mill in operation they used the log turner to pull logs down the ramp. Could that also be used as an unloader? The two things I wish I had done different, were to make part of the roof removable and to make a log pond for it to use with a ramp.

Mike S.
  • There are a lot of modelers that do the Maine 2 Foot thing....maybe something small to see the interest level....O'Neills fits in nicely...as will the "O" Foundry.....but a lot of the 2 Foot crowd are On30 modelers....
  • I'll put in a vote for a re release of the O scale Logging and tractor repair shed. In fact Brett you could just mark me down as a buyer!
  • I'm with Bryan, I'd sure like a shingle mill before I turn up the toes.

Geezerbill
  • Unsure if anyone has requested an O scale Deer Creek Mine, but that would be outstanding!!
  • Seeing the O scale mine listed here reminds me that Roger @ Stoney Creek was supposed to upscale a SW HO kit. Brett, I think you should put the bug in his ear about the Eureka Springs Engine House or the Machine Shop. I think he would like the machine shop stone wall. Give us all a reason to get another set of shop machines.
  • Should would like to see a O scale shingle mill before I'm gone Brett. That means you better really hurry :wink:
  • After seeing pics of the beautiful job Steve did on the HO logging camp, that would be another wonder in O scale to compliment the WoodCutters Shack / Tractor Repair Shed / Dolbeer models.
  • it would indeed. and what a great kit to learn from.
  • On my short list to produce. That scene of the bunkhouses on the hill and the spindly walkway was inspired by a Kinsey Logging photograph and has remained one of the favorite modules I have produced. Would look incredible in O Scale...
  • He has to come out with the River Front first in HO scale though. I hope it is soon.
  • Come on Ed, you are just going to put the kit in your collection.
  • Count me in for a full set. Bunkhouses, main street, the works. Have space allocated already. That whole layout scene is so cool.
  • Exactly what I was thinking... Would look great in O scale !! And just what I need. So either a SW kit or else scratch build. :wink:
  • Well that is something new I learned about you Ed. I did not know that you were the energizer bunny when it came to building Brett's kits.
  • Ed, lucky you, at least you have a lot of grains of sand left. I have only a very few. Need that long talked about shingle mill! :)
  • Brett,
    Are you still planning on the HO scale Backwoods Sawmill ??
    I also like the previously mentioned Crate and Barrel Factory.
  • I like this, I want that, can you do , no, when will you do.... sounds like a bunch of spoiled kids before Xmas... :smiley: I believe, Brett will know what to do until he retires and even beyond...

But hey, you asked for it, the loco repair shop like Karl did in an O scale kit would be my wet dream, if I may put it that way... :smiley:
  • oh you may.....
  • Ed, yes I have. Really enjoy my backpacking, going to the ocean and cleaning the beaches of washed up litter for a week. Very wild, isolated area and so beautiful. Finding Bretts kits and this forum in the past 8-10 years has been very, very enjoyable no matter how good or poor my abilities are. It has been so self satisfying. And the enormous amount of information that all the members have willing given both here on the forum and to me personally shows the love of this hobby by all. Now if my darn grey matter would just absorb it and recall it when needed. Take care Ed my friend.
  • I'm also going to always indorse the loco repair shop on O scale, even if it does not come with the tank and other buildings.

Mike S.
  • Thanks Ed, I will
  • The Loco Shop is definitely on the list of future kits. I am but one man with very little time for new product development. So much I want to do!
  • edited October 2020
    One man maybe...but a Super-Man...show us that big S on the front of yer shirt
  • no swearing....
  • How about the Eureka Springs Engine House in O Scale?

George
  • Definitely a strong contender for a future subscription program kit George.
  • old HO scale gas station is what i'm jonesing for