visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

New product requests/ re-release pleadings...

Comments

• now that i've been converted to O scale, i would love to see the tool shed, rigging shed and lineside storage shed re-realeased. i understand they go well with the woodcutter's shack..... heheheh.
  • I make a small run of the Tool and Rigging Sheds from time to time so email me and I will let you know when they are available. I have one of each here from the last run I just made if anybody wants them...
  • I could do with a Lighthouse kit right now for my diorama of Shelby, Duluth and the main Blue Sky building. I am not impressed by whats on the market so it may just become a workers rest area at "smoko" time unless "Scotty" beams me down one of acceptable quality this week. Maybe I should try and find plans for a scratch-built one but if Brett has one in the pipeline I will wait.
  • Hello Brett, I see that the HO scale Backwoods Sawmill ( which was patterned after your O scale Backwoods Sawmill ) is no longer on the "Coming Soon" page of the website.
    Any idea when that will be back in the pipeline?
  • If you look at the Twin Mills in HO there's a list of kits associated with it. The Sebastapole ( Back Woods ) saw mill is still listed. There's still hope.
  • In the section on Deer Creek it also lists O'Neill's as "Details coming"; obviously things have progressed beyond that. Should there ever come a time when it's possible, it would be fun to see an updated map of Deer Creek.
  • I've talked to Brett a couple of times about the sawmill. He said he wants to redesign it for HO rather than just redraft the O scale kit. He also said he needs to retool for all the white metal and plastic detail parts. ( Brett , hope I've relayed what you tol;d me correctly , Alsehimers you know )
  • I'd like to see the O scale log unloader for the sawmill that we discussed a while back.
  • Hey Bryan - I have several O Scale sawmill add-on kits planned including the log unloader. Need to take a bit of a break from sawmill stuff for a little while however...

and Dwight is correct - the O Scale Sawmill will be offered eventually in HO. Might even update the map at that time Mike!
  • Woohoo , I might have a sawmill before I finish my logging RR
  • Thanks, Gentlemen !!!! Great News, Indeed !!!!
    I too, look forward to adding The Backwoods Sawmill.
  • Need to take a bit of a break from sawmill stuff for a little while however...
    Take break !!!! What else is there besides sawmill stuff ?
  • Been a while since anything has been said about the possibility of a box factory; ran across this video which has some good images of a small factory plus some weathering shots that I found interesting. There are also videos of a planing mill ( ) and a sawmill ( ); not sure if any of these have been posted before.
  • Just love the videos on lumber mills, quite captivating.
  • Any chance on you rerunning the tool shed? It would be nice for a first timer to practice your techniques on a smaller, less expensive kit before hitting the big time. Bob
  • Mike,
    Thanks for posting the videos. I've not seen them before and they are quite informative.

Mark
  • One of the few things I like are the mini kits, or mini scene kits. I was lucky to have bought a few years ago, like the large tank on platform. These mini kits are easy to add to existing models and are fun to build without putting in a lot of time. Any chance of doing anything like this again?
  • Oldiron said:

Any chance on you rerunning the tool shed? It would be nice for a first timer to practice your techniques on a smaller, less expensive kit before hitting the big time. Bob

No on the tool shed - but I do have a couple smaller kits like it in the works for the very reason you suggest!
    TonyB said:

One of the few things I like are the mini kits, or mini scene kits. I was lucky to have bought a few years ago, like the large tank on platform. These mini kits are easy to add to existing models and are fun to build without putting in a lot of time. Any chance of doing anything like this again?

No plans on the mini kits, they were really cool so you never know?
  • just wondering if there are any plans on the loco shed coming out in O scale?
  • Still planning on it Kevin... no details, timeframe, etc....
  • Just an Idea. Civil War Era scene, special rail cars, Navy dock getting supplies, Iron Clad construction, logging camp with steam skidder and Donkey loader Just thinking about what could be developed. Could do 1915 or 1940
  • I think a number of posting have touched upon a common need just below the surface - some type of small power house. That would contain the fundamentals tied to a number of different different kits; A frame building containing a boiler, steam engine, belt-driven generator, a power pole, and stretch line for connections to power other kit's Electrical needs. (ie even the pattern saw at JE morton's foundry pattern shop presumes an electrical service) Backwood kits either need a simplified steam line to the boiler or belt-drive connections.
  • Brett, After reading the discussion of the complexity of a possible "O scale" Loco & Service Shop with a related subscription service could I suggest that it might be time to balance your workload by offering a smaller HO offering. Perhaps it's time for a "shed-type" kit. Your laser cut frames are fantastic; there are numerous ways the kits can be used; and they are even great potential kit-bashes to previous releases.
    Just a thought.....
    Bill
  • i wouldn't mind seeing a re-issue of the o scale blue sky.....
    just sayin'.
  • That would be a fun kit to watch you build
    Terry
  • kebmo said:

i wouldn't mind seeing a re-issue of the o scale blue sky.....
    just sayin'.

If you (or anyone) wants one just let me know! I make those by special order...

• cool. i'll start socking away my pennies.
  • Kevin....interesting what you said about pennies......back in the 70s I read a doom and gloom author Howard Ruff who advocated collecting pre1972 pennies (90% copper) as a hedge against anarchy...I bought roll after roll at the bank over a period of time (1000.00 +\-) and now I’m turning them in...what a pain
    Terry
  • admin said:

kebmo said:

i wouldn't mind seeing a re-issue of the o scale blue sky.....
    just sayin'.

If you (or anyone) wants one just let me know! I make those by special order...

Is that for the O Scale only or for HO also?
  • sorry for any confusion, O Scale.