visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Water Tower and Storage Shed

Comments

• Thanks Bill and Alan. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and post a picture. Phil
  • I'm reaching the end. I still need to add the "clutter" and a figure or two, but below are pictures of my "almost completed" Water Tower and Storage Shed. Thanks again for all your help along the way. Bill, my stream turned out better than I expected. Phil

• Just terrific, some fantastic modeling, as I mentioned earlier such a great colour from details, to structure, to weathering, so very nicely done.

Karl.A
  • That's one you can be proud of Phil. Water turned out very nice!
    Well done all around!
    I know you said you're not 100% finished. About the only suggestion I have would be on Picture #8 (the back side with the "Old Gold" sign). I'd make sure to get some weeds and shrubs growing on both sides of that large wheel casting--right up against the building. That's something that catches my eye sort of like out of square corners jump out at Brett: manicured grass near buildings. I try to remember: "they didn't have weed eaters back then".

Can't wait to see it in person!
    Bill
  • Thanks Bill and Karl. Bill, I see your point. Bring out the weeds!!!
  • A great build all around. The rail looks great spiked.
  • Wonderful Work!
  • Wow. Fantastic diorama. Everything fits together beautifully,
    Jim
  • Great work !!!!
    very inspiring
  • Hey Phil...nice job! I like the colors of you scene and the stream turned out really good!
    I also like your lighting. Did you use LEDs...and if so, can I ask which resistor you used?

Alan
  • edited March 2016
    Alan,

I get my LEDs (there are two of them in the shed) from modeltrainsoftware. They sell LEDs that connect to a watch battery and a switch. I'm not aware of any resistors.

Phil
  • Well done Phil. Should be proud of this one. Nice touch not overdoing it with the LPs. Just enough to bring it to life...Ken
  • LPs? Phil
  • Little People.
  • Got it I was thinking about a guy in the back with a dolly. Phil
  • I like it!!

David
  • Congratulations to Phil for winning Best 8x8 entry at the 2016 FineScale Expo.
  • Congratulations Phil, a well deserved award for some terrific modeling.
    Well done.

Karl.A
  • Thanks Marty and Karl. It was an honor to receive recognition from my fellow modelers. I couldn't have achieved the authentic look without the help from the Sierra West forum members who unselfishly give of their time.

It was also really great to meet Marty, Bill, Dustin, and Ken.
  • Congratulations Phil! What a journey you've been on with this kit and it ends in victory lane!
    Well done!

Great meeting you as well. We'll do it again soon. Looks like Fall of 2017 is the time table for the next Expo at a location that's TBD.
  • Bill, thank you once again for all the help. I knew you were a radio personality, but I didn't know you were a standup comedian. I still hurt from laughing so hard. Phil
  • Congrats Phil on your First Place Finish!

Well done...
    Alan
  • Well done my friend! What a rush to win. Congratulations.
  • Congratulations.
  • Super job and a well deserved award. Congratulations!
    David U
  • Way to go Phil on your First Place Finish. We novice modelers can thank Brett for his great tutorials and the other forum members for developing our skills.

Very well done.

Steve
  • edited April 2016
    Wonderful diorama Phil and it was a pleasure meeting you and being able to soak up your build in person. Congratulations and look forward to more productivity out of you in the near future...Ken
  • Thanks all and yes Brett, it was a huge rush to win. At Bill's suggestion, I'll post my final build pictures on a new thread and yes, I ordered the paints. I can't wait to get them.
  • Congratulations Phil!!. Absolutely a beautiful build. Very well done.
    Jim
  • Congrats Phil. Very deserving award. I really enjoyed meeting you at the expo.