visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Quincy Salvage

123457»

Comments

• Bill, that layout looks great. It really offers a bunch of mini scenes within the diorama.
  • edited January 2015
    Tantalizing views there Bill!...those trucks look awesome from up here and your layout looks great and I think having Quincy proper up higher is going to kick it good. Look forward to seeing it at Expo and we'll try not to spill crap on it as we oogle...Oh...hate to mention it but I think your dog may have up-chucked over by your crane..I'm just sayin...
  • Ha-ha! Joke's on you, Ken. We don't have a dog. (It was probably the neighbor kid!)
  • Right...you don't have a dog anymore you mean...and you gave it to the neighbor kid so he'd get sick over there...I'll keep you straight. I assume you're going to hand lay your track? Boy do I have experience hand laying track detail now from the Loco Shop dio. Over 550 individually placed tie spike heads in 1/87th scale...geesh. Love this stuff don't we....
  • Just went and saw your track work. Killer! Totally worth the effort. I didn't hand lay on my previous models but I will this time around. It really makes a difference.
  • Bill, good to see you back and great news on your daughter. This thread has really taught me a lot about the process - even if you build a great model(s), you can really screw it up on the layout if not thought out properly. I'm busy on my castings, but will be posting my progress soon. BTW you guys are going to have to do heavy convincing to get me to hand lay track. Phil
  • edited January 2015
    Bill I love your progress nice set up, can't wait to see this come together.

DJ
  • Bill,

Thank goodness things worked well for your daughter. What an journey for the family . .

On another note, the diorama is looking great. What a difference between the initial layout and what you have morphed into.

We all look forward to your more visible presence.

John