visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Quincey at Deer Creek.

I have been working on Quincey in my spare time I am going to rename Quincey at Deer Creek.
It will be a place for new and used sawmill machinery.
Also there will be a Trading Post for any other needs like gloves work boots clothing and refreshments as well.

Comments

• Sounds like a great idea, Carl…..anxious to see this develop
    Terry
  • Carl.
    Looking forward to this build.
    later, Dave S
  • Awesome! Can't wait to see where you go with this, sounds very interesting.
  • It has been a while since I have done anything so here are the main walls .

P1040572 (1)

P1040573 (1)

P1040574 (1)

P1040575 (1)

The other walls later.
  • Looking forward to following along.
  • Great start Carl! Like the variation in color of the walls.
  • Great start.
  • Nice seeing you at the bench Carl!...great start on the project, walls look great.
  • Here is more of the other walls

P1050046

P1050047

P1050048

P1050049
  • Love the worn letters and the variation in the board colors. There is some great individual board contrast but you make it all blend. This will definitely be an interesting build of a structure I haven't seen in a long while. Great start!
  • I like the subtle dust gathering on the bottom of the walls.
  • brownbr said:

I like the subtle dust gathering on the bottom of the walls.

me too. it looks great!
  • Thank's everyone for your time the red walls are done with Pan Pastels if you do not like the color just erase it and try something else.
  • Such a great kit and enjoying seeing your take on it Carl. Nice contrast to the main structure.
  • Ken.
    That is easy to do I stain the wood just enough to darken it some then a Shelbys trick.
    I use a old sock or a turkish towel and put some reefer white on the towel and blott it on after it is almost dry I take me burnish brush and blend it in.
  • Great technique Carl. Looking forward to the next update.
  • Where did I go wrong the manual said work on a flat surface and glue the walls together no whai is next. ????????
    P1040970
  • Here are a few happy snappies to see.

P1050024

P1050084

P1050086

P1050088

P1050065

P1050073

P1050061

P1050070

• Where did I go wrong the manual said work on a flat surface and glue the walls together no what is next. ????????

Ok, now that made me laugh!! Funny stuff Carl :smiley:
    Excellent progress sir.

• I like your humor.
  • Lol...great progress and excellent modeling Carl! Love the signs...
  • Carl - I love the building in the flat comment. Way to keep things light. The signs really tell a story. I like that you use such unique signs and add the handwritten signs which I haven't really signed modeled but definitely seen win the prototype.

The roof has great character. Could you share how you created the shingles?
  • Wonderful. Love the signs, well done.
  • You certainly haven't lost your touch my friend!
  • Looks great and almost 'cartoonesque', if you know what I mean and which is good !!
  • Wonderful. The colours are great. And those signs! Some of them just put a big smile on my face. Absolutely no credit? All those little stories, I love them!
  • edited October 2022
    SteveF said:

Carl - I love the building in the flat comment. Way to keep things light. The signs really tell a story. I like that you use such unique signs and add the handwritten signs which I haven't really signed modeled but definitely seen win the prototype.

The roof has great character. Could you share how you created the shingles?

>Steve. To answer your question this is what I use.

P1050099

P1050101

The shears are from my Moms dress making days but they make a nice cut .
    I hope that this helps.

• Thank's Guys for the kind words.
    The signs are from a guy on Esty [Rare paper guy he has a lot of them and the price is right there is a lot for O scale.
  • vapor baths. what the hell are vapor baths?