visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Quincey at Deer Creek.

13»

Comments

• the master leaves his mark....
    can't wait to see how this ends up.
  • Thanks Men for the kind words ...........Carl.........
  • Looks good Carl! Like the way you have laid things out.
  • Thanks Tom I think that I will leave it this way..........Carl.........
  • edited December 2022
    Looking good Carl, the diorama layout is coming together nicely,
    Definitely there is going to be lots to look at and enjoy as you move forwards on this classic kit with your signature skills.
  • Thank's
    Karl it is slow going but still going.............
  • Merry Christmas Everyone.
    It has been a while that I posted this project with the passing of my wife it has been quite of a adjustment for me.
    This did not turn out like I thought it would I need to ad a crane to a flatbed piece or rolling stock to unload the scrap so that is in the works as well also I ran out of room for some vehicles but it is finished.
    Having a lot of castings from other kits I wanted to use them all there are a few things to be done and that will be it you know I am 81 years old now so what you see is what you get.
    Have a Wonderful Christmas. ..........Carl...

P1060082

P1060050

P1050975

P1050926

P1050936

P1050926
  • Carl.... sorry you hear about your loss. Merry Christmas to you too, and the diorama looks fantastic
  • Merry Christmas, Carl…Quincey’s turned out great. Perhaps its the camera angle but the roof appears to be sagging, a roof feature Ive been wanting to try.
    So sorry to hear of your wife’s passing.

Best wishes, Carl. 81 huh…I hope to see alot more of your modeling snd wood working skills in the years to come
    Terry
  • Carl, this is really a wonderful diorama you've build. Much courage to you my friend !!!
  • Great job Carl. I love this model!!
  • this is a nice looking model Carl. Very wonderful.
  • Carl, the diorama turned out GREAT. I like the way you have placed the features. Not the usual arrangement of structures. Lots of interesting details as well.
  • Looking great Carl...
  • Looks great. The sagging roof, tarp cover and chain-link fence all catch my eye.
  • Looks fantastic, enjoyed seeing your work - as usual.

Hang in there, you're one tough dude.
  • Carl that is awesome!

81 are your trying to catch me???? Happy Birthday and a Merry Christmas!

Jerry
  • Thank's Men for taking the time and for your kind words. .........Carl..........
  • Beautifully done Carl!
  • Carl, I echo the words of your friends before me, 41 or 81, you still "have it".. excellent build and many more are sure to surface here.

Rich
  • Merry Christmas Carl. So sorry to hear about your wife and I know the modeling comes secondary. But you did a magnificent job. Keep chugging along. Getting lost in a build is one of the best ways to keep your mind and hands busy during difficult times.
  • Fantastic job Carl. I love that sagging roof. Everything, including the subtle scenery, is just perfect. May you have a better year ahead.
  • Very nicely done Carl, a wonderful representation of your great skills.
    Hang in there.
  • Many Thanks to all who gave me the time. With that being said i need to tell this story.
    My wife Sandy had a Triple Brain Aneurysm in 2010 after that she was not able to do much of anything no driving cooking or being left alone.The last 8 years of her life there was no talking or walking confined to bed what I am getting at is if there is something that you want to do with your wife friend or just by yourself do it tomorrow do not wait we all know that tomorrow may never come. ..........Carl.......
  • Very sound advice Carl. Enjoy every day as much as you can, because one never knows.
  • Carl, those are indeed wise words. I'm so sorry you and Sandy had to go through that.