visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Kevin L From Melbourne Australia

124»

Comments

• Making great progress Kevin,
    it's amazing how complex and authentic it is all beginning to look at this point now that everything on the internals are coming together.

Keep on with the great updates, most enjoyable to see.

I guess you are getting into your winter/modeling season right now so we will have lots to look forward to.

Thanks for sharing with us.
  • Great work Kevin on this awesome kit !!!
  • kebmo said:

wow. it looks great. i hope i can do it this well.

Kevin, when I see what you do with the tractor repair, of course you can... !!!!
  • Great job, Kevin…. I’m about ready to begin my O Scale sawmill and will certainly be using your build as a reference
    Terry
  • Sawmill project 23
    Saw dust bin, roof will be added later. For reasons unknown the saw dust I have placed in the bin is turning black used foam per instructions to build a base then added the saw dust fixed with white wood glue, when this is dried will try and fix the problem by adding another fin layer of dust and fix it with AK gravel and sand fixer.
  • Kevin… nice color variation on the boards…glad to have you ahead of me on this build
    Terry
  • Thanks Terry, I am sure I will also pick up a few good tips from you during your build.
  • Latest progress been working on walls and painting clutter. Unfortunately, did not find the shelf supports that should have been in the kit, did go carefully through the castings a couple of times in case my 73 year old eyes missed them, so I made my own. I am shore Bret would have sent some but did not want to wait on postage.
  • Wonderful work on the details Kevin,
    I always loved that tool cart and you are doing a great job on your version of it.
  • sawmill project 17
    sawmill project 18
    sawmill project 19
    sawmill project 20
    sawmill project 21
    sawmill project 24
    Been a little slow in posting to this forum and my modelling time has been restricted due to sickness, garage ceiling collapsing with me having to fight with my insurance to get fixed, they did finally come to the party, but it was a tough fight. Also have our daughter and grandkids moving back home with us since they cannot afford the rent, rental properties in Australia are going up beyond believe. Currently working on to install lights purchased led chandeliers and a distribution panel on ebay from wehonest will install the distribution panel in the roof above the office which I will hide by making tarps.
  • Great to see some of your progress on this amazing kit Kevin.
    Despite all of the other things going on you have been making some great progress.
    Wonderful work and progress so far, I am enjoying following your progress every step of the way.
    Thanks for sharing your update with us all.
  • Great progress, Kevin….looking very nice indeed
    Terry
  • Nice detail work here Kevin. You’re really doing that kit right!
  • Kevin, you are doing a splendid job on this. Lots to take in on those photos. Thanks for sharing them with all of us.
  • Wonderful work Kevin. The uneven ends on the boards add a nice touch to the docks. It would have saved a lot of time on the prototipe. No use cutting boards at a angle when not needed. Great job, looking forward to more of your work. Randy
  • Looks great. I love the clutter and detail work.
  • Nice progress.
  • Oh , that sawmill. Still my favorite. What a kit, what a build !! Love the German Shepherd Dog...
  • Sawmill project 32
    Sawmill project 31
    Sawmill project 34
    Sawmill project 35
    Sawmill project 36
    Sawmill Project 38
    Progress on my sawmill. Lights installed, used a light distribution unite purchased on eBay from wehonest and installed it above the office, made tarps to hide it. Corrugated roofing added above boiler house, maintenance shed and saw dust bin. Brett supplies ribbed iron for the boiler house, but I stuffed cutting it up, got width and length around the wrong way, however on reflection in Australia it appears from research we mainly used corrugated iron so used that instead..
  • Looks great. Can't wait to see some night shots with the lights out.
  • Does that module (lighting) get hot?
  • In regard to the lighting unit getting hot, to be honest I only have left the lights on for about 30 minuets at one time and it did not appear to be getting hot.
  • Welcome to the forum Kevin. For additional inspiration, Robert's sawmill is among the best out there and his landscaping is second to none. If you want some additional ideas his sawmill link will be a great help. Enjoy watching your build.