visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Truck Repair, a first try

13»

Comments

• Are you using a static applicator? I build one for about 20 bucks, but have not used it yet.
  • EmeryJ said:

Are you using a static applicator? I build one for about 20 bucks, but have not used it yet.

No I don't use one because the material is just turf blend. No static flock in the main layer. Sometime I put a bit of long weeds but I don't have an applicator for that...
  • edited July 2020
    Definitely the key to effective ground cover is to use a good mix of materials, great base to start with!
  • Thank you guys
  • Great work on the details !!
  • Coming together nicely
  • Patrick, this is coming along really great!
  • Thank you for your comments
  • Very nice, Patrick
    Terry
  • Continued great modeling. On the first picture, I see some of the bottles. In Bill's forum build of the mine, he introduced the forum to Gallery Glass. I have used it as well and it produces a really nice "glass" look. Gallery Glass comes in a number of colors, so you are free to choose whatever color you like. Give it a try. I'm a firm believer now. Phil
  • Thank you for this tip.
  • Patrick,
    Your build of the SWSM "Truck Repair" kit as well as the previous builds is inspirational to say the least. My mind is running overtime with thoughts for my own future build as a result.
    Later, Dave S Tucson, AZ
  • Thank you Dave
  • Hello,
    An attempt to build the gate... Not perfect but I am satisfied with the result...
    I also made a mistake, but I don't want to redo it, so...
    gate2
    details6
    engine
  • patrick said:

I also made a mistake, but I don't want to redo it, so...

Patrick, i built an entire wall upside down.. i "had" to redo that mistake :smile:

From the photo i can't tell that you made a mistake on the gate.

Looks good.
  • AlexR said:

From the photo i can't tell that you made a mistake on the gate.

Both diagonal bars are in the same direction... But it is ok...
  • I like the metal frame on the gate. Your gate turned out better than mine did...I scrapped it.
  • I left mine off finding that I liked the open look better.

I incorporated the gate into a fence scene scene that I sent to Carl L. along with a dog.
  • this makes me want to build this one next....
    great work;
  • Looks great so far. Only little thing niggling at me is that the large wooden chest under the green cabinet looks like it is floating over the ground. Might just be shadows but probably need to build up a bit of the ground cover to make it look solidly grounded.
  • Joel said:

Looks great so far. Only little thing niggling at me is that the large wooden chest under the green cabinet looks like it is floating over the ground. Might just be shadows but probably need to build up a bit of the ground cover to make it look solidly grounded.

Yes I put some wood under the workbench but there is a little shadow... I might rework this area a bit.
  • This is looking great, I'd never guess it is a first try.
    Things are coming together very nicely.
    Any progress ?