visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Truck Repair, a first try

Hello,

Here is my modest first attempt to weather some boards with Brett's technique. I am really happy by the results...

board1

Ok... 20 more to do ;-)

Patrick

Comments

• Looks awesome! Great start.
  • Great start.....Rick
  • Those look terrific!
  • Well done, Patrick
    Terry
  • Thank you very much guys
  • Those look really good!
  • Patrick,
    Off to a great start on this neat kit. Looking forward to more posts ans photographs of your modeling.
    Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ (Home of the Big Horn Fire and blazing summer heat)
  • Hello,
    I am continuing with the first wall...

charpente
    papier goudronné
    mur droit
  • Looks great!...Rick
  • Patrick,

That end wall has interesting coloring, texture and detail. You are off to a good start.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Great work on the end wall! Cohesive and blends together very well.
  • Thank you guys. Continuing with the second wall...

charpente gauche
    mur gauche
  • Patrick,

I'll be starting on my truck repair soon. It will be nice to have a preview.

Looking good!
  • Coloring and sawbanding are very nice.
  • Adding the windows
    mur gauche et fenêtres
  • wonderful job! This is coming together great.
  • Hey Patrick, very nice wood work, sets the tone for the entire build. Great coloring and weathering. Saw banding obvious but not overdone...watch the scale on your knot holes...you’ve got a nice build going!...Ken
  • Thanks guys.
    Yes Ken you are right, my knots are a bit large. I will be careful next time...
  • Patrick.
    Look at the Twin Board thread knot holes come in all sizes...........Carl..........
  • Yes, they are not all flush and also stained black which might increase the visual appearance.
  • engine909 said:

Carl, Does it appear Patrick's are not flush, and that makes them more prominent?

Well then there are always knot holes.

• I've continually ranted that the knotholes add little. And in New England, where I live, it seems knotty wood was not used except maybe as barn siding. We are talking during the 1800s and the early 1900s. Now our wood is garbage.
  • edited July 2020
    Last pictures: the two front and rear walls... Next step: detailing ;-)

mur avant
    mur arriere
  • Beautiful work. Looking forward to this build....Rick
  • Coming along nicely!
  • Patrick, your truck repair facility is coming along great and your knot holes add to you project.
  • Details on the interior wall. Fun to build... ;-)
    mur interieur
  • This looks like it will be a semi quick build to get the basic structure together.
  • Nice work Patrick.