visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Machine Shop. AKA D. Elwell's Milling

Comments

• Thank's Bill nice to see that you are back. ........Carl...........
  • Thanks Carl, I’m just so busy. Not much time for the forum or modeling but awaiting my truck repair kit. I also really enjoyed your work train build. Very nicely done.

Geezerbill
  • how's it been going carl? hope all's well.
  • kebmo said:

how's it been going carl? hope all's well.

Most likely sleigh riding!!

Jerry
  • Hello Everyone it has been a while.
    I have come to the time in my life where we start to thin stuff out so going through some boxes I have run across some logging and saw mill kit's made by Keystone not sure if they are still around anymore.

I have been in this hobby ever since I was a kid and had many good hours at the bench. I am not one to write long lines about my work or to give credit where it is do.

I have built a few SWSM kit's and enjoyed them a lot, so it is time for me to give Brett a some credit for producing these fine kit's and with his effort I have won many awards the last picture will explain what I mean, So stay cool dry and healthy.

Lets not make it a competition out of it and enjoy the hobby.
    ........Carl...........
    P1000549

P1000548

P1000546

P1000551

P1000307
  • An you did deserve the award!!

Jerry
  • Thank you Carl, much appreciated.

I was fortunate enough to be in attendance at the structure show the night Carl was inducted into the CS Hall of Fame. Such a well deserved honor!
  • Your modeling results shows your wonderful skills!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wow! i had no idea there was craftsman hall of fame. congratulations big boy!!!
  • edited July 2019
    kebmo said:

wow! i had no idea there was craftsman hall of fame. congratulations big boy!!!

A long not forgotten show!! Ask the people who were there!!

Jerry
  • Carl, wonderful aware for such a great gentleman. Your modeling skills are as good as it gets. I'm please that you have shared insight, and comments to me. Thank you!

I really enjoy everyone's modeling and sharing of it on this forum. Just a joy to see and enjoy.

My best to you Carl and yours.

Geezerbill
  • Well done!
  • engine909 said:

Gentleman. Oh boy, here we go.

Where we going ED???

Jerry

• jerry,
    he's probably going to watch a women's wrestling tournament or something along those lines.
  • Hi Everyone. Thank's for the kind words. Have a great weekend and stay healthy.
    ............Carl............
  • Very impressive work, and the award confirms the talent!
  • Hi Everyone.
    Well winter is here so time for trains.laid some track today working on castings forever and having so much fun. ....Carl.......
    P1010098

P1010099

P1010109

P1010113
  • Indeed it is. !!!
  • Glad to see you back at this.
  • Well you didn't lose your touch over the summer months. Well done my friend!!

Jerry
  • Looking fantastic!
  • Hi Guy's
    A up date on my build.
    P1010266

P1010268

P1010270

P1010277

P1010276

P1010289

Well that is it for now any help will be welcome. .............Carl..............
  • damn right it is...
  • Note the hair spray bottle Ed.
  • That is one knarly tree...looking good
    Terry
  • I really like the overgrown vines.
  • Great work it is !
  • Love the vines and debris under and around the tank. Really looks old and abandoned.
  • Your excellent work again Mr. Laskey.

Jerry
  • Fantastic Carl! Really very nice. Overhead shot shows the oil on the ground very well. Vines on the tree truck and the wall are very convincing. Great work.

Geezerbill