visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

"Foss' Shipyard" scratch build in O scale.

13»

Comments

• simply outstanding....
  • Still working on the roofs.....trying out a different color for the shed roofs...black
    seems to stand out too much. Will try a roof brown and weather it. Just received
    an order for wood shingles and will experiment on the color next.
  • Finished.......with the exception of a few highlights of A&I. After 6 months and approx. 600 to 700 hrs I hate to see this project come to an end. It has been a real joy to do and the more I look at it the more I enjoy and appreciate the original design.
    Great job Brett...and what to do next.? Waiting for the Sawmill.

imageimageimageimage
  • Absolutely fantastic Richard, I'm going to spend some time later today really studying and enjoying your pictures. I'm sure I'll post more indepth then. Too busy right now but definately something to look forward to.....

Karl.A
  • Beautiful, just beautiful. Thank-you for sharing your high quality work with us.
  • A few more pics....

imageimageimageimageimage
  • wow... very impressive build... my only comment is wow... again....
  • Your work is truly inspiring – thanks for sharing the build.
    Who knows, maybe one day this might become a SW kit because of the inquiries that Brett receives on account of this build.
  • Be...utiful!!!!!
  • Fantastic work Rich. I love it all.

I will gladly put my name down for an O scale version of this kit if Brett ever does it.
  • My name should also be added to the O-scale list, please. My wife actually works for French&Webb in Belfast, Maine, which still makes wooden boats like this, and also restores classic wooden boats. Todd French is a buddy of mine, and he builds boats the way you guys build Brett's kits. They have a website.
  • Gee for socks...that is a scratch in O Scale!...now that's some serious work...wonderful.
  • edited August 2018
    One day....

Rich's work is always a pleasure to revisit, enjoy and just plain stare at.
    Thanks Eric for 'bumping' this great thread back up.

Karl.A
  • Outstanding work, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Love it. Very impressive work.
  • Not sure this thread is still open but have to say Great Work!!!
  • Sad to say Richard got out of the hobby about 6 years ago. A real shame because he was an outstanding scratch builder!!

Jerry
  • Sorry to hear that.
  • i'm humbled....