visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Lighting Clinic

2»

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Bill, nice to hear your support is there for us who wish to light up our SWSM kits. Have you given anymore thought to coming up with lighting kits for SWSM products? Sorry to hear about the loss of those LEDs, to find the culprit look for someone with a kit lit up like a Christmas tree!...Ken
  • Ken - If I see one of your builds all (overly) lit up at at Altoona next year you'll be my #1 suspect. ;-)

As far as a specific lighting kit for a specific SWSM kit...let's just say I haven't given up on it. My problem is that I can work at glacial speed sometimes. I could go the route that Ngineering does with Rail Scale Miniatures. However, what that amounts to is a box of components from Ngineering with lighting instructions that are part of the regular RSM structure kit. The builder still needs to solder leads onto LEDs rather than using pre-wired ones. Brett and I have had a discussion where we both concluded that if someone has the talent to build one of his kits then they have the ability to solder the wires onto LEDs. But admit it guys, I bet a lot of you are more comfortable with a 10/0 paintbrush in your hands than a soldering iron. Am I right?

So, if anyone wants to drop me a line (I don't want to hijack Alan's post) on what they would like to see in a lighting kit feel free to do so. I can see it going two ways; bare bones (components and instructions) and a version that has pre-made gooseneck , hanging, and pole lights.

Bill S.
  • I'll be at the EXPO in Altoona, and I'll have a build or two there but nothing you'd be able to see from across the room!

I'll get a hold of you Bill regarding this by e-mail soon.
  • Hey Bill, good hearing from you. By no means would you ever be "hi-jacking" my post. All your wise insight only helps other out.

Thanks for commenting...

Alan