visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

St Mary Lumber Co

2»

Comments

• This is simply wonderful. Excellent structures fitting naturally into a fantastically wooded setting. Great trees. Let's have a tutorial on the pines!M
  • Bryan, I forgot to ask, what are the ferns made from? They are just right amongst your trees and bushes..
  • Bill, the ferns were pre-made. I think these are by JTT. They are plastic and a bit shiny. I toned them down with powders. I also picked up some paper ones which are not shiny but are not as detailed.
  • Thanks Bryan, I'll sure look into that. Really like them and very typical in old growth Doug Fir groves.

Geezerbill
  • edited August 2018
    Bryan, your layout is simply jaw-droppingly cool! The sense of the enormity of nature and the fragile attempts of man to survive are so apparent. It is so difficult to get that nature first, humans second feel in a model pike, which was the truth then. And I never believed trees could be that huge until I saw them. For a New England lad it was very eerie. I think that feeling that sense of smallness before nature is something too many of us have forgotten. But recently, eyes have been jolted awake again. See? Your railroad creates philosophical thought. A beauty!

And being a Celt, I of course respond the the leprechaun among the toad stools.

I sent the link to my wife. Hope it opens. As an aside, I think there are ways to photograph what you have that might bring it out even more.
  • Thanks so much for sharing this super layout with us. So much to discover. Fantastic job all the way !!!!!