visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Blacksmith build

Comments

• Looks like my Shipyard is going to have a shipsmith shop! (Say that fast 3 times)
  • Ken was saying he is modeling slow....well.....so am I.......been working on a diorama for our upcoming fall meet in Mid Hudson...our On30 group.....(I'll post a photo)....here are a few shots of some progress. A little rust added here and there...not much as this is a busy blacksmith....some more weathering will get done as I build the structure and set up the shop......Blacksmith 6
    Blacksmith 7
    Blacksmith 8
  • This is the diorama....it's a fire scene that will have a fire train, along with a full crew of woodland firefighters from the 1930's era....Fire Scene Diorama 1
  • edited September 2023
    The forge will have an LED fire simulator once installed on the concrete floor of the structure that will house the blacksmith and fabricator's shop...and I am building a rack for all the hammers and such.....
  • I'm drawn to that little bridge. I like it.
  • Have to add in the creek water yet.....
  • Nice work on both projects! Standing by for updates as things mature.
  • Loving the landscape work here sir. This is going to look really cool when the train arrives!!
  • Great work on both the blacksmith equipment and the fire scene.
  • The ground work is very well done a neat little spot in the woods. ....Carl.......
  • Wonderful details Art and the diorama scenic work looks great! Look forward to seeing more.
  • Great work on the scene Art, coming together beautifully. The details are really well done.
  • This will be a great diorama. One can see it already !!!
  • Thanks for all the good comments.....working on the fire cars now....
  • Nice looking diorama!

Jerry
  • Both the details and the diorama are nice, can't wait to see the fire cars.
  • Been distracted as of late...but here's a photo of the fire diorama taken at the Mid Hudson On30 meet last weekend....Log Fire Diorama
  • I'll post a few more detailed ones in a bit...
  • I know this is the blacksmith build thread...and yes it is slowly progressing...I'm scratch building the structure...again....distracted.....soon...
  • Nice looking dio Art, well played!
  • Thanks Ken....I still have work to do on the water tank car...found a better water pump....and need to run the steam lines from the loco to the car to power the car....more photos tomorrow....and I taking a que from you for my blacksmith area.....I may stay with the tractor repair now.....it may make thing easier....
  • Very nice diorama Art. Great scenery and cars.

Jerry
  • Very nice art...Carl.......
  • Turned out very nice!
  • just a few more details to do...then it will be done...then on to the Blacksmith stuff...
  • Art, I think the caboose looks a little to clean for a fire fighting train. also where are the glowing coals that still need to be extinguished? great looking dio. Randy
  • No weathering has really been done yet....soot will appear soon....and the pile of logs does have a "glow"...but the button battery was dead when I took these....once I get the chalk working and a new battery...I'll do a video...then it's on to my mini module layout with a bunch of SW structures including the Blacksmith....
  • This is just an excellent scene Art. So cool.
  • Looking great art, the composition and layered scenery elements are really bringing this all together so well.